Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flaminpyro Cree XPE 6x with 405-g-1

jakeGT

Okay everybody this is my first review. Third laser that wasn't a 1mW red from walmart. I first bought a rayfoss 100mW 532nm. Then saw 1W 445 and went GIVE IT TO ME. SO I bought yobresal's 1W 445. And now my third laser ever is a Cree XPE 6x with 405-g-1 lens outputting 224mW from Jeff(flaminpyro).

First thoughts.
I open the package after waiting and waiting not so very patiently. I felt that I should've got my chainsaw out to open everything in this package. Everything was VERY secure in lots of colored bubble wrap, with tape around all of it.
It was all perfectly packaged and very secure and safe.

So i finally get everything open and pop in a few batteries. The way I have this set up is so I can use 2xAA Primary cells with the use of the extension tube, or 1 4.2v Lithium rechargeable 14500.

I got this with a copper heatsink(free upgrade from jeff) and everything else. Diode, driver, batts charger, everything, and he assembled it for me.

This host is not very much larger than the AA cells or 14500 that you put inside of it, and about 6 inches long. It is very small compact and portable, even with the extension tube. But for its size it feels HEAVY. And im not talking bad heavy, im talking feels very sturdy and very good in your hand. You can tell this host,heatsink, and complete build are VERY VERY sturdy and very well built. One another awesome thing about this host and I dont know if jeff did this himself or if its just the host, but on the extension tube and the tailcap where you screw it in to the body of the host, they have these red "O" rings that go around the threads. UNlike other lasers i have that feel like you are grinding the metal everytime you screw it together it feels very good and very press fit like.

Like i said this is my first blu-ray and next to my 445 the beam is not as impressive obviously. But the violet in the pitch dark by itself is just sexy. Especailly with some smoke it looks BEAUTIFUL! and this little bad boy can burn very well, right through a cd case( not as fast as 445 once again) but very good burning and focused it is smaller than a friggin needle poiint!

That being said i MUST GET A 12x!

Also the whole experience buying and dealing with jeff was phenomenal. He answered every question very thouroughly and within hours. He was very polite and sent my laser the day after i made payment. His customer service isA+ and i would and will reccomend him to anybody and everybody. He's a great guy with great products and services. Quality high end craftsmanship and attention to every little detail. Amazing.

That being said heres a few pics.

THE HOST

101_1999.jpg

101_1998.jpg

101_1996.jpg

101_1995.jpg

101_1993.jpg

101_2000.jpg

Beam shots. These are in a dark room. The first one is on my kodak easyshare, for some reason I cant hold my hand still to take a pictyure with it so here is the only good one i got on it. The rest are off of my iphone 4.
(No smoke, exposure nothing, just dark room)

6x.jpg

5b570434.jpg

852c0ccc.jpg

3de75136.jpg

be3cf82c.jpg

0fa60dcd.jpg

Thats it. This is my first review so I hope it was alright. Thanks for looking everybody, and if you want a good quality, wonderful laser, hit up Flaminpyro.

madog

You will enjoy this unit for a long time! Jeff is a top notch builder and his post-sales service is second-to-none!

This is one of the coolest host. I have one as well.:D I love how long it is and it almost makes it feel like a pen. Thats my favorite part.:)

Nice Review.

jakeGT

yes that is exactly why i love it. it feels like you are holding a little copper stick in your hand, the weight feels so awesome for its size. i love it!

Very nice review, your camera makes the beam shots look BLUE instead of BLURAY/violet most all cameras are this way, thanks for the kind words ;)

jakeGT

yeah the only thing that is even remotely violet is the dot, which sucks becasue it is so awesomely purple in person!

thanks for the review of the 405 ... i've been considering getting a high powered 405 but am not sure as my main concern is beam visibility and i've noticed it's not as visible as 445 (when comparing to the blue range of wavelengths...)
i have a 5mW 405nm and it's sexy as you say but not partic. visible outside at night ...

jakeGT

no, it most certainly is not as visible as any other color i have seen yet. such as red/green/blue.but when it is pure dark in your house, pitch black, shining it from one room to another, i have a 70ft. view from my room to my living room and can shine it down he hallway perfectly through every room and see a beautiful beam! and besides, with a little smoke or fog which can be very cheap if you know how to do it makes it even better. I love my purple, and especially this one from flaminpyro as the laser is such an awesome laser all the way. with that said I am going to get a 12x though and use my 6x diode for my first personal build! I have green, purple, and blue, and i like my purple which is less visible than my green but i like it alot more than my greenie. and the burning power with my g-1 lens is just absolutely awesome!

with red/650nm., you have to get pretty high up in mW. to have a visible beam ... Yobresal was kind of telling me this ... He makes a 350mW. red laser but he admitted the beam wasnt even too visible at that level ...