Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First review, first laser ! -- X100 PICTURES ADDED

I'm sure you all have gotten the gist of how good these are, but it's my first laser, so I wanna talk about it : )
took about 6 business days to come, pretty good considering they said 5-12
avg mw 111, max 114 (was actually kinda disappointed with this having seen some of the other readings around the forum... but can't complain)
Great at popping balloons, but not so hot with matches, tipped 'em black with a sharpie and still takes quite a while. (any reason why?)
beam is a beaut. It's super thin, but so crisp. just love shining it out onto a tree at night. unbelievable. I had some caps from an old lame laser pointer that made different shapes (smiley face...), and i held them on the tip of the X100. holy moly. With enough distance, you can see an awesome beam of the shape!
When I use it in my room, I found that there's an awesome way to super-power the beam. If I spray some deodorant just in one part of the room, after not long, the whole room seems to have the effect, somehow. That makes the beam extra bright, and it's really awesome.

So that's all I can think of now... Lemme know anything I left out of the review. Also, if there's any cool tricks you have for a first timer, I'd love to hear them. Those were just a couple that I have figured out, but I'm sure there are tons of others you've all got.

Attachments

• IMG_0047.JPG
    IMG_0047.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 464

Re: First review, first laser ! -- X100

Unfortunately, we are a shallow people.

We like pictures :) Even if we've seen that model a hundred times before, we still want pictures :) Take some pictures of the laser in action :)

Ace82

Murudai said:
Unfortunately, we are a shallow people.

We like pictures :) Even if we've seen that model a hundred times before, we still want pictures :) Take some pictures of the laser in action :)

Yeah, we like to see YOUR pictures! Beamshots are always nice! damn, we are shallow people. ;D

daguin

David531 said:
aww.. bump. anything guys?

Don't invest your ego in your postings. There are 10,000 reasons why people don't respond to everything.

First, I question why you are "disappointed"with a laser that is producing an average of 12% OVER spec. I can assure you that there are thousands of people who's first laser is performing far UNDER spec. Many of them don't know it, but they they got ripped off. You chose wisely when purchasing your first laser. Be happy.

Second, 100mW is at what I would consider to be the lower end of what is needed to be a "burner." 532nm laser pointers are collimated for distance. You may need to use a magnifying glass to focus the beam up close to "burn and pop" things.

Third, if you can "smell" the deodorant in the air, that means that small particles of that deodorant are floating around in the air. The beam is reflecting off of them. Just about any aerosol spray can act as a visualizer for your laser (but at least deodorant smell nice in the room)

Advice from an old guy . . . .read more than you post and don't worry about whether others appreciate you or not. Just post the best stuff you can. If YOU are proud of your post, to he77 with the rest of them! Numbers are not nearly as valuable as quality.

Peace,
dave

pics are on the way : ) i have the line generating optic too, so i'll have some sweet liquidy sky pics as well. wasn't really "upset" with the output, just remarking on how much over spec some of the readings have been from nova. trust me, i read waaay more then i post. I'm pretty much on here all day... just don't have much to say 'cuz I don't know much and am still learning

David531 said:
pics are on the way : ) i have the line generating optic too, so i'll have some sweet liquidy sky pics as well. wasn't really "upset" with the output, just remarking on how much over spec some of the readings have been from nova. trust me, i read waaay more then i post. I'm pretty much on here all day... just don't have much to say 'cuz I don't know much and am still learning

haha i'm "in your shoes" bro

Those readings are like the readings from my old X105. Trust me you wouldn't notice much difference between your laser and a "lower output" X125 at all.

David531 said:
I'm sure you all have gotten the gist of how good these are, but it's my first laser, so I wanna talk about it : )
took about 6 business days to come, pretty good considering they said 5-12
avg mw 111, max 114 (was actually kinda disappointed with this having seen some of the other readings around the forum... but can't complain)
Great at popping balloons, but not so hot with matches, tipped 'em black with a sharpie and still takes quite a while. (any reason why?)
beam is a beaut. It's super thin, but so crisp. just love shining it out onto a tree at night. unbelievable. I had some caps from an old lame laser pointer that made different shapes (smiley face...), and i held them on the tip of the X100. holy moly. With enough distance, you can see an awesome beam of the shape!
When I use it in my room, I found that there's an awesome way to super-power the beam. If I spray some deodorant just in one part of the room, after not long, the whole room seems to have the effect, somehow. That makes the beam extra bright, and it's really awesome.

So that's all I can think of now... Lemme know anything I left out of the review. Also, if there's any cool tricks you have for a first timer, I'd love to hear them. Those were just a couple that I have figured out, but I'm sure there are tons of others you've all got.

shine it on your tongue for just a second...just kidding...DONT haha ;D

Re: First review, first laser ! -- X100 PICTURES A

more pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0046.JPG
    IMG_0046.JPG
    887.9 KB · Views: 192

theyre big.. so just click on the little link above the pic to see it better...

Attachments

• IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 335

2 mas

Attachments

• IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 210

last one.. hope these came out good... had a real tough time getting the right camera settings

Attachments

• IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 289

I have that same laser it averages about 120 its nice :eek: nice pics i cant take that great of pics myself

Nice!
Got one of the beam in the night sky?