Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

first laser completed! (and some mods)

So i finally got this laser together. Thanks to help from a few people here and DTR for the laser module and help as well.

it is an m140 1.7w in a guidesman host. Dont have any pics of it all because it probably looks like every other laser in a guidesman :p

i did not like how the batteries are just loose in the thing tho, so i turned out a sleeve for it out of non-conductive Delrin...

NlF42.jpg

jcFHR.jpg

uYTrn.jpg

I also needed to make a couple spacers for the charger

chhRa.jpg

SZKEf.jpg

All in all it was fun. I've actually been thinking about turning out an entire one piece host. When i first got it together it was night so i took it outside, and realized all the pictures i've seen here do not do it justice haha. I think i touched stars with it haha. My wife just said "holy shit"! when she saw it :p

If i didn't sink so much money into my firearm hobby i would definitely make more of these!

EDIT: fixed pic sizes, didnt realize how huge those were till i posted.

Last edited:

Blord

I love to see how you made that battery spacer. A job well done !

Posite

Very nice! Delrin is a fun material. I had a shift knob made of black delrin and it was great in the Texas sun.

That stuff isn't the cheapest materials... It use to be prolly like everything else.

Yes Delrin is not cheap and that is why I use PVC it's mush cheaper and is just fine for a battery spacer.

So if this is a review of your first build where is the picture of it or some beam shots :thinking:

I can take a pic of it tomorrow. I took some beam shots this weekend but seeing as though I only have the camera on my phone they aren't great. All you can see is a blue line lol.