Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First build: Survival Lasers 650nm

Apex that made perfect sense. You got a point; tearing down a newly built laser doesn't sound fun. I will definately have to buy some of those batteries.. sounds like they'll do the trick!!

I do need some help however.

I've had this host for about a week and I'm already having problems with the "clicky" button. It still sounds and feels like normal but when I press it, the majority of the time it does not turn on. I have to manipulate the button if you will to get the laser to power on. I do not suspect it is wiring or anything like that.. its clearly the button.

Is there a fix for this?

Let me look at one of my C6s tomorrow or when I get a chance and find out exactly which clicky you need. I will give you a link for to where to grab one when I figure it out.

There is a possibility that you could fix your clicky but there is also a chance you could just break it so it may be better just to replace it and not have to do without a switch until the new one comes.

Try tightening the ring with two holes inside the tailcap. That holds the clicky in place and if its loose you can have problems...

I took the entire tailcap assembly apart and put it all back together nice a tight. IT WORKS BEAUTIFULLY. I am so happy I was able to fix this, hunting down a replacement didnt seem too easy.

Just saw your post Grainde, that more than likely would have been enough to fix it

That's great news. I was going to suggest a repair attempt once I figured out which one you would need so you could have a replacement lined up just in case.

Thanks a lot guys.

I still owe you all some pictures which I will have to take soon. It will only be running on 6V until I get the 16340's but it's still blindingly wonderful haha.

I can see why a lot of you have huge lists of lasers in your sig's... I already got the itch to build me more lasers =X Green would be my first choice since its so visible but for now I'm going to have to decide against 405nm and 445nm.

To be honest, blue lasers are almost "intimidating" with all that power. Should I man up and just build a M140 @ 1.25A or stick with the lower powered but still sexy S06J @ 445ma?

Apex I appreciate that and if you do find something please share! :)

Two primaries (term for non-rechargeable cells) should work just fine for a while. I am not sure what their capacities are like so they may not last all that long.

My sig.. if only that were all the lasers I had my wallet would be a lot thicker...

IMO, 405nm lasers are cool but they are nowhere near as spectacular as a 1W+ 445nm. 445nm wavelength is far more visible and the vivid electric blue beam is just complete badassery. They are only intimidating until you know them inside and out and have made several dozen LOL. You just need to be smart when you use them. People freak out and tell everyone that goggles need to be worn every second that you have one of them turned on but that's just because they are scared of them. Just use your brain and think about it. They are several hundred times brighter than they appear to be so basically treat the dot sort of like you would the sun; avoid looking at it directly. If you do look at it make sure the surface it is on is non-reflective and that you are about 15ft away for a 1W and 20-25ft away for a 2W. The beams are harmless to your eyes so stare at it all you want in the night sky.

I do regularly make 445nm lasers and post them for sale on THIS thread. Right now I only have a couple 2W+ ones remaining but I plan to make more next week or so and its likely I will get one or two of around 1.5W if you are interested.

Apex,

I may just be interested my friend. I'm in SoCal myself.. we could meet up. I've got to admit tho, building your own comes with a certain gratification :yh:

How far are you from say Northridge?

I'm down for meeting up but I'm about 5 hours from Northridge and my car is down for repair for a still unknown amount of time unfortunately. I don't mind shipping since it would only cost a couple dollars.

Last edited:
Ah, no worries just thought it would be cool to talk laser beams rofl. never actually been to the SHARK TANK; you ever go to the hockey games? CHEECHOOO!!! <3

I'm totally down to chill with someone and mess around with lasers. So far I have not met anyone close enough that it would be very doable unfortunately. Of course I would be down to hang out though.

As for hockey, I am actually just recently starting to enjoy watching it. I have never been much into sports though. So far Hockey strikes me as one of the few sports that is not just 100,000 rules and penalties which makes me respect it.

Tonight my buddy is going to take some "professional" pics with his Canon, I apologize for the delay lol. I did however take a very quick vid of a classic balloon pop at 20 feet or so. I need to make another with at least twice the distance though :gun:

http://youtu.be/gjaYSw-Lubs

This is with 2 non rechargeable Tenergy CR123a batteries rated for 3v each. They are also running at about half capacity. (445ma driver wants 7.4)

Last edited:
You actually did show me that link before, and I have to thank you for that because it truly is a good deal. Just been trying to stay away from China orders is all. I promise you I will order some from them, how can you go wrong for 5 bucks!!