Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finally got my single line argon running!!

000_0726.jpg

000_0728.jpg

Today I was finally able to get my single line argon up and running! This laser is damn near brand new, with only around 1% total useage on the tube! :eek:

Like I said this is a single line argon, lasing at 488nm. It's rated at only 30mW, and although I can only get the laser to idle right now, it's already doing 15mW. So, it should be able to do well over 30mW at 10A tube current.

I've had it for a few weeks but was unable to use it due to lack of a fan, as well as some remote wiring issues. Well, about a week or two ago Mr. Dave Guin was nice enough to send me a remote interface to use for a bit, and then today dark_horse pulled through with letting me borrow a nice blower fan for the weekend!! Thanks a bunch guys!!

daguin

Very purty!

I'm very pleased that we got it up and running. Now you'll have to make it bright ;)

About the fan -- you've got to tell a brother when you're in need.

Are you ready for another project?

The PSU we talked about . . . the cyonics/Uniphase that I got from Chris . . . . It will run a laser at about 25%, but the rheostat on it has no affect. That is, it will start the Cyonics/Uniphase laser (with a few "winks" off and on), but it is low power and the power cannot be adjusted. I know that it is NOT the laser, because the laser works fine on another PSU.

Anyway, I might have to wait until the first of the month to ship. I've just about depleted the "hobby" funds already this month <sheesh>

Peace,
dave

Hey I know exactly how to fix your problem... I think ;D

I'll send you a PM ;)