Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finally!!! Argon goodness!!

As a matter of fact, 14AWG or larger is rated for 20A. So if the copper has an OD of 0.0641" (1.628mm) or larger, you're more than fine.

Gah! I'm such an idiot. I don't have a cyonics uniphase, mine is an Omnichrome. I have no idea why I said that. I must have been out of it.

I read up on sam's laser FAQ how to change mine to current control mode, I opened up the power supply and jumpered the right pins, but it doesn't work. The control knob does nothing and tube is stuck at 6 amps. I triple checked that I did it right and even triple checked that sams pinouts were correct. I don't know much about power supplies, and I'm not going to start poking around in there to find out whats wrong with the current drive circuit. There is a capacitor bank the size of my face in there, and considering I only narrowly escaped death by capacitor bank before, I'm not going to even try.

On a more dissapointing note, I used the remote pinout to get a reading on my tube current. Looks like it's running at just over 10 amps already when I max the knob. 10 amps and only 40mW or so. I re-aligned the mirrors only last month, so I guess my tube is nearing the end of its life.  :'(

Oh, and I had the 20 amp circuit installed as a favor by a friend. I only paid the cost of materials, so I can't guess how much it would actually be.