Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finally, a Shark With a Laser

Posted May 1, 2012 4:20 pm - Wired.com - By Jon Phillips

attachment.php

Quote:
Tipple's team attached a 50mW green laser to the dorsal fin of a lemon shark via a temporary clipping mechanism. Photo: What We Do Media

Relax, Dr Evil. Your inspired request for “sharks with frickin’ laser beams attached” has finally been fulfilled in the real world.

Marine biologist-cum-TV personality Luke Tipple attached a 50-milliwatt green laser to a lemon shark off the coast of the Bahamas in late April. The escapade was sponsored by Wicked Lasers, a consumer-focused laser manufacturer based in Hong Kong that produces some of the most brilliant — and potentially dangerous — handheld lasers in the world.

Attachments

• Shark with Laser 2.jpg
    Shark with Laser 2.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

well... Here's one good thing WL did...

EDIT: on second thought, if this was just a stunt i have to agree it wasnt called for.

Last edited:
Looks totally fake. I have those same lens flairs filters on PS.

Also it says it was a 50mW Krypton. I wasnt aware they sold 50mW Kryptons.

Luke-Tipple-Wicked-Lasers-200x300.jpg

It says hes holding it here.

Sure dont look long enough to be a Krypton.

I call shenanigans.

Last edited:
"I really don’t care. It was a low-powered laser that couldn’t be dangerous to anyone, and there’s actually useful applications in having a laser attached to the animal.”

Really?

Lase

Tipple's team attached a 50mW green laser to the dorsal fin of a lemon shark via a temporary clipping mechanism

I'm no expert on sharks, but seeing as they wouldn't normally have things clipped to their dorsal fins, I would think they'd notice, and try to take a chunk out of whatever it was?

Any cat/dog I've seen with even a peg clipped to their fur tried to get it off fast.

Relax, Dr Evil. Your inspired request for “sharks with frickin’ laser beams attached” has finally been fulfilled in the real world.

Also very sure Dr. Evil wanted sharks with freaking laser beams on their heads

Lase