Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fiddy's Flashlight Collection

jayrob

Jayrob, you ought to make a mag xm-l with one of the easywhite XM-Ls! They come in bins up to U4, but unfortunately they have a much larger emitting area. But working with a mag reflector, it should still be somewhat throwable (most heavy objects are ;-) ). I'm guessing a hotspot would be about twice as wide, ~3 times the area of your standard xm-l mags.

Fiddy, since you are loving all this glow, maybe you should also look up tritium vials. They are relatively easy to integrate into your hosts. The hardest part is milling a well for them. One of my lights has a lanyard slot that was just the rigth size for a vial. I used Norland Optical Adhesive, but this was probably overkill. Now it looks like the vial is suspended in a tiny plate of glass in the lanyard hole.

But yeah, approximate prices are ~8-10USD each from various sellers, so kind of pricy, but it does add a neat element (in several ways ;-) ) to your collectibles.

Edit: just noticed that you are in the land of Oz. There might be shipping restrictions, maybe this wasn't that great of an idea.

Hmmm.... I was just looking at the spec sheet for those, and it doesn't look as good an the normal XM-L's.
Easywhite spec sheet

Color temp only up to 4000K. So if you want a warm light I guess it is good.

But you need either 6 or 12 volts to run one, and it is not as efficient. I believe the max is 2 Amps as well...

Your going to get better efficiency, more output, less volts, better color temp choices, and of course better throw with a normal XM-L T6 or U2 emitter.

Last edited: