Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fiber corrected 638nm laser diode find on eBAy

kecked

looks interesting. Divergence is 1:9. 1:9. Square. With no correction. It sure if this was posted before. Same group repackaging blue diodes in windowed cases with inert gas. I’m impressed.

Check with CDBEAM777, he has some of these and I believe, characterized them.

kecked

Yea I’m sending email to see if they will glue two to a pbs cube and the do a second with a blue and green. One dichro only then.

Problem I have been having with all laser diodes is the angles of their outputs are not consistent enough :( I wonder if their adding a FAC by hand might skew it even more.

I have some of these as well. The FAC doesn't really do too much once you add a collimator lens. It goes back to being a rectangle when focused.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I bought this and totally forgot I had it. I should complete the build and see how well it does with a g2 and g8 lens.

There was something that I remembered about these diodes, that for the FAC to be able to do it's job you must use a long FL lens (like, really long, enough that it will need to be larger than what will fit on a 12mm module) to allow the beam to expand enough that the profile is square when it inputs the lens, then the beam will stay square after collimation.