Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

few pics of the HeNe and Argon lasers.*more added*

I was bored the other night so I busted out the camera and snapped some pictures. Nothing that you all haven't seen before, but I figure that everyone likes pictures and you can never have too many  ;D

Here are some shots of the Argon, no fog or anything.

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5.jpg

And the HeNe! Finally got it out of it's plastic casing and got the tube by itself. Pretty neat lil' thing.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Thats it! Just a few pictures I took when I was bored  :)

daguin

Re: Just a few pics of the HeNe and Argon lasers.

hydrogenman15 said:
That argon looks amazing.

--hydro15

Stop by the house some time when you have an hour to kill after dark. We'll bounce some light around the garage ;) The argon beam color is much more impressive in person. Of course, this time of year, you're going to want a strong deodorant. It gets pretty warm out there even at night.

Peace,
dave

Nice pictures GooeyGus.

Nice pics (one of these days I'm going to get the cover off my HeNe so I can see the glowing tube...), but seriously you need to have a dedicated place to store and use your non-portable lasers (looks like the argon is on a couch or bed or something! ;D)!

Schrecken_Licht said:
Nice pics (one of these days I'm going to get the cover off my HeNe so I can see the glowing tube...), but seriously you need to have a dedicated place to store and use your non-portable lasers (looks like the argon is on a couch or bed or something! ;D)!

Haha... yeah it's on my bed in that shot. Right now it's home is on the hardwood floor of my room, I just put it on the bed for easier camera access (that and I was pointing it out the window prior to the pictures, so It was easier just set it on the bed ;D). Once I get some more furniture for my place, the lasers will have their own little spot :D

J

jamie.91

im a noob yes but is there a way of having a portable/portable-ish hene ?

--jamie

Re: few pics of the HeNe and Argon lasers.*more ad

So I had a chance to play with the argon again tonight. I put it up on my window sill so I could actually see what it looks like outside at night. Here are the pics!! A couple are kinda fuzzy because I was trying to focus on the beam itself, but I think the f stop was too low so I only focused on a small portion of it. Oh well they still look neat!!

outside1.jpg

outside2.jpg

outside3.jpg

outside4.jpg

diachi

Neato, I was doing that with my green labby last night, only I was at the other end porbably not as good as the argon though , anybody asked you about it yet ?

Hows the divergence ?

you should split up the different lines and fiire them out the window   :)

I see you got a new camera aswell  ;D

Diachi said:
Neato, I was doing that with my green labby last night, only I was at the other end porbably not as good as the argon though , anybody asked you about it yet ?

Hows the divergence ?

you should split up the different lines and fiire them out the window   :)

I see you got a new camera aswell  ;D

I split the lines with a diffraction grating out the window, but it doesn't look very impressive. I need to get an actual prism or something. The problem with the diffraction grating is that the separated lines are MAYBE 10% of the main beam power since it only splits a percentage of the light away from the main beam to begin with, and then has to create 2 extra "dots" (which come out as the separated lines, but would just be extra dots on a single wavelength laser) so you can barely see them at all. Even the strongest diffracted line looks like its may be a few mW at the most.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I did get a new camera. It takes AMAZING pictures, if the operator can figure out what he's doing with it. ;D

diachi

Yeah, the diffractions gve you hundreds of the different lines, prisms arent expensive though, maybe invest in one.

Your pictures are so much better now that you have a good camera, maybe they will improve as you figure out more of its features too :)

One of the best parts about this camera, is the seemingly accurate colors in the pictures. The beam of the argon in the sky is just a tiny bit more blue than it is in real life, but in the last picture where you can see my car the color is spot on. Exactly what the eye sees. Check out these pics of a cheaper box-style blu-ray I built for someone. Really accurate representation of the color!!!  (Oh yeah, if anyone it interested in one of these, I build them for $90+ shipping. This one was a bit cheaper because of all the laser burns on the case  ;D   They do 100mW or more, depending on the purchaser's preference)

br10.jpg
 (size ref.)

And onto the violet!

br5.jpg

br6.jpg