Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FEELER: Rifle Host Group Buy (update)

Hello

Is this group buy still going on ???

I am interested in this little guy
Blue 445nm
445nm-2000mW $168 USD

is this a laser pointer w all the stuff or just an empty host w all the stuff.
i may be interested in a 500mw red w stuff.

UPDATE:

I heard back from the seller, and he is willing to honor these prices in smaller quantities and I am pulling together the funds to place an order for 10 units. I intend to review and LPM them, and resell at a marginally higher cost. Once we confirm the seller delivers what he claims, we may be ready to go balls out on the GB order.

If anyone wants in on this first order, and is willing to share the risk with me, let me know. The risk being, the seller overstates what these output. I plan to place an order by the end of the month (about a week.)

is this a laser pointer w all the stuff or just an empty host w all the stuff.
i may be interested in a 500mw red w stuff.

These are full and complete portable lasers with all the stuff. I plan on treating some of the low-power low-cost lasers as empty hosts, because I hope retrofit some of these with bigger diodes. ;)

i already told max im buying the rifle on the third but im still interested in the red 500mw.
but if my finances crash then i may pitch in w you.do you have a ballpark date to try.
i may be more interested in you making the first deal.
if you get a 500mw red to spect .then i will buy at twenty percent markup plus postage to my place.

how is that for an offer?

vsbeen

i will take
(1) 635nm-100mW $ 35 USD
and
(1) 445nm-1000mW $ 88 USD
and im willing to share the risk with first order

UPDATE 24 April 2013

The hurdle of the first order is about to pass. I’ve taken it upon myself to pull together an order that enables me to LPM and review the items shipped by the seller. Some have expressed interest in joining this first and possibly risky round of the group buy. The seller wanted to raise the prices by 10% because the order was smaller than I originally suggested it might be. After a few exchanges, I convinced him it was important to honor the initial prices, so things are looking good. But Dan reserves the right to raise prices in future rounds. I’m not sure I like that, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

I don’t imagine the seller will complain if I want to expand my order. To express interest in round #1, make a post in this thread and tell us what you want. For those expressing interest in round #1, if you’re willing to pay $8 more for shipping (per unit), I can have all the units shipped to me, where I can LPM and review their quality. Once reviewed, I can reship the item(s) directly to the round #1 buyer(s). But the reship idea may only apply to shipments within the U.S. I can only reship to international buyers if I’m not losing money in the deal.

I am eager to get this order placed. Round #1 closes in a week, next Wednesday on 01 May 2013 at 00:00 Pacific Time (GMT-0800).

For those willing to wait for round #2, stays tuned and let’s see where this goes.

Last edited:
depending on if i sell some things in the next week i may jump in on round #1. did the seller give an guarantee on the lasers?

did the seller give an guarantee on the lasers?

Regarding the claimed output of the lasers? Yes, they guarantee to be on spec. But there isn't any shortage of Chinese sellers making claims and guarantees. To me, this is the heart of the risk. Considering the prices, maybe it doesn't matter. :whistle:

Last edited:
he confirmed they all come in the rifle host and the complete package with case as well. if so it may be worth it just for the host and case, even if they are under spec.

he confirmed they all come in the rifle host and the complete package with case as well. if so it may be worth it just for the host and case, even if they are under spec.

Those quotes in post #1 are from the seller, Dan Zhu.

Price includes:
  • laser pointer
  • five (5) star caps
  • battery
  • charger
  • aluminum box,
  • safety goggles.

The weight of one (1) laser pointer BLP-2500 is 1kg (which includes laser pointer, 5 star caps, box, battery, goggles, charger)

The shipping price for to destination is: (except African countries)
  • 1 Laser $30
  • 2 Laser $38
  • 3 Laser $46
  • X Laser ($8 for each additional laser)

so if i jumped in on this buy, since you are checking all lasers i would pay the cost of the laser, $8 for additional shipping to you then, what would shipping to me be? or it would be $30 to get it shipped directly to me?

im on fixed income so i will wait until i c this is reliable seller but my offer stands on buying directly from you if your markup is reasonable.
im assuming the red kits come with blue safety glasses?
my best wishes for you on this risk.talk about earning street cred.