Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler: PL520 in a Trustfire F25

Hi all..Now that I've gone big with the SAiK build, it's time for something new.

I've heard several folks metion wanting a PL520 in a compact host. So, I am gathering interest to see if it warrants this build.

The host would be the Trustfire 25. Here's pics of the host.
E7EhDHt.jpg

X0Rw5f3.jpg

And, of course the PL520 520nm direct green diode.
cSpDwQ7.jpg

Now, you guys all know these diodes are expensive. The host isn't the cheapest in the world, as it is a nice stainless steel.

I know someone around here makes heatsinks for them, so the ultimate cost will depend on the price of the sinks, but they should be cheap enough. My last one was copper, but I'm sure aluminum could be done as well.

Now, down to brass tacks:
With the price of all of the parts, and just ~$50 for my labor, the price of this build, complete with batteries and goggles would be ~$260-$270.

Would you guys be willing to pay for 100mW of 520nm in a small, sexy host for this price?

So, nobody would be interested in this compact 520nm build??

What would you like if not building for yourself?

Thanks man, I'm getting that. I gave up reddit and took a lazy day for myself. I've been far more active on the forum today than most. At least some PMs are coming.

Personally I'm waiting for the long murder fund test results to see if it' really safe to run these at 300mA.

In case it is confirmed I'll start looking for a build or will build one myself if I don't find one. I'd be looking to spend at most $250 (just the laser, I have the goggles/charger/batts), though I'd prefer a more discreet host like the C6, in case you're willing to consider that.

I like it jist dont have the $$$$ right now. SS hosts are really nice

Personally I'm waiting for the long murder fund test results to see if it' really safe to run these at 300mA.

In case it is confirmed I'll start looking for a build or will build one myself if I don't find one. I'd be looking to spend at most $250 (just the laser, I have the goggles/charger/batts), though I'd prefer a more discreet host like the C6, in case you're willing to consider that.

The idea for feeling out the TrustFire was to get away from the C-6. They're a dime-a-dozen, even ubiquitous at this point.

I'm trying to find a host that people are just in love with and offer that in a built package.

The TrustFire is a nice host, I just happen to prefer a simpler look. Good luck :)

Ok tossing around the idea of a ol dorcy for one of these. I just need to finish some XM L2 builds like 3 more.