Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

|FEELER| GB CNI GLP-655 0.6-5mW Laser Pointer

I recently received a quote from CNI on the following item:

Item: GLP-655
Output Power: 0.6mW
Cost: 1 unit/$50+$75(shipping)

I don't currently have a 650 pen but I was curious to know if anyone might be interested in possibly joining a future CNI group buy on their 655 laser pointers. That being said, I will be sending CNI another e-mail asking about their bulk prices later today and will upload them here.

If any member would like a quote for their 655 in other powers let me know and I will add it on the thread as necessary!

-Alex

Last edited:

DJNY

There won´t be much of interest for this price for this power / wavelength / price.

The GLP host is cool though.

Better get your <5mW 405nm, 445nm, 520nm pointers :)

There won´t be much of interest for this price for this power / wavelength / price.

The GLP host is cool though.

Better get your <5mW 405nm, 445nm, 520nm pointers :)

^That's what I was thinking too since 5mW 650 pointers can be had for $20-50 but it was worth a try haha :)

I'll probably get a CNI GLP 5mW 405nm pointer next, not sure though. Would you recommend that over a LG unit. Im just scared that the CNI unit might die on me is all.

-Alex

IsaacT

^That's what I was thinking too since 5mW 650 pointers can be had for $20-50 but it was worth a try haha :)

I'll probably get a CNI GLP 5mW 405nm pointer next, not sure though. Would you recommend that over a LG unit. Im just scared that the CNI unit might die on me is all.

-Alex

Lol, you are worried about a CNI unit failing on you? Mk. LG is not better than CNI. CNI is not better than LG.

Lol, you are worried about a CNI unit failing on you? Mk. LG is not better than CNI. CNI is not better than LG.

True haha, I asked for a quote on their 5mW 405 and was quoted $80(Excluding shipping). That being said, I sent them another e-mail asking for their 0.6mW since most of their pointers are over-spec and it should be closer to 5mW.

-Alex

Guess Alex was talking about warranty. You have to pay backshipping-costs at CNI. Don´t know about Laserglow though.

For the 405nm, I would ask Dragonlasers for their lowest powered Aurora. They might have one with only 4-5mW output: Violet Laser Pointers : Dragon Lasers

Or the 405nm of my local lasershop (p109): http://www.roithner-laser.com/pricelist.pdf

Thank you DJNY, I forgot about DL. The lowest power they offer is 10mW for the Aurora pointer for $60 which sounds like an incredible deal. I'll see what CNI quotes me on their 0.6mW pointer and will decide from there.

I can't believe I got a yellow first before violet :eek:

-Alex

DJNY

So you asked Dragonlasers? Even if they don´t have a lower powered one as listed, 10mW is still totally fine to use without goggles. The other, local company I listed is a CNI reseller btw.

Next to the options listed in post #6 you can also get this one: http://www.laserbtb.com/productshow.asp?id=82 -very good quality in anice and smooth host even with keys to lock it. Mine is still doing 4-5mW since I bought it two years ago.

Last edited:

IsaacT

The other benefit of 10mW 405 is it won't be intensely dim. 5mW of 405 is like nothing.