Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler: Custom Laser Labels

Backing material?

• Transparent (note: I can't print white text for a black host)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BobMc

Around that size, I'd say at least $40ish color with every single one being different on a sheet. The major deciding factor would be how many sheets I'd need as well as whether or not you need them cut and shape.

That's not to bad at all. Let me kick it around. And I'll get back it touch with you in a bit. (Couple of weeks)

Ps, Could you post a couple of pictures of the different styles you could print.

Rivem

That's not to bad at all. Let me kick it around. And I'll get back it touch with you in a bit. (Couple of weeks)

Ps, Could you post a couple of pictures of the different styles you could print.

It's probably going to take me a while to prepare samples since I'm out of material and going on a trip, but I'm going to prepare some foil samples as soon as I'm back since that seems to be the major interest. I'll prepare samples before the end of June, and I'll be able to take orders immediately afterwards.

Where would the price break be for quantity? If they are $1.75 each for one, how much for ten? 25? 50?

BobMc

It's probably going to take me a while to prepare samples since I'm out of material and going on a trip, but I'm going to prepare some foil samples as soon as I'm back since that seems to be the major interest. I'll prepare samples before the end of June, and I'll be able to take orders immediately afterwards.

No sweats, that's probably a good time line for myself. I need to write down all of my lasers and figure out what is where and itemize them. It's going to take a bit. But we'll see what can be worked out. Have fun on your trip. :)

Rivem

Where would the price break be for quantity? If they are $1.75 each for one, how much for ten? 25? 50?

I'd do $1.75 as the minimum. Depending upon material, size, and print quality it may be more for one. Ultimately, price scaling is going to come down to how much material and uniqueness.

I'm thinking I'll do $1.75 for a basic custom (like top example), $1 a piece for >3. >20 or so quantities would require a quote. Ultimately, my costs are lowest when a whole sheet is used at once, so massive volume discounts can happen at 50+.

I'd say around $0.80 min for orders under 50 on the demonstrated warning label. Still need to work out pricing based on material though.

Now, something like Bob wants is also much more easily customizable since it's data that can be quickly entered and resized without complex graphics. This makes it easier for tight margins and less waste.

I'd be willing to mail you one of these from NickD070 if that would help. They are pretty much exactly what I want. They aren't very large and there seems to be no wasted space. The print is rather small to make it all fit in a small area. The only things that would change on these are the color of the laser beam and the wavelength, power and class. They are of high quality though.

Rivem

I'd be willing to mail you one of these from NickD070 if that would help. They are pretty much exactly what I want. They aren't very large and there seems to be no wasted space. The print is rather small to make it all fit in a small area. The only things that would change on these are the color of the laser beam and the wavelength, power and class. They are of high quality though.

If you can send a detailed photo/scan, I can make a good approximation of it.

I don't know how well these would scan. I could try to photograph one. It would probably be easier to send you one so you could see exactly what I want. It's the way it looks and feels, the way it adheres to a surface. Many things you just can't see without having one in your hands.

Last edited:

Rivem

I don't know how well these would scan. I could try to photograph one. It would probably be easier to send you one so you could see exactly what I want. It's the way it looks and feels, the way it adheres to a surface. Many things you just can't see without having one in your hands.

I actually have a laser labeled with one of those labels, and I've made a decent approximation of it.

Looks like he made his labels with a color laser printing onto a transparent medium and then placing the print on top of a holographic sort of tape. Looks like it may have been at least partly electronically cut which I can't do.

Here's the approximation:
vduUIvsl.jpg

Here's the other:
Eh1REENl.jpg

Note: Both of these still need a redrawn laser symbol, and I'd like input on font and appearance. I can align text more like the common labels, but the sample images I used were set up like this.

Last edited:
Yeah, I like the first version better as I can't always place the sicker where it is at the aperture of the laser. I look forward to getting some of these from you.

Rivem

Just a bit of an update. I'm back from my trip and have the necessary materials, but I've got some other issues that popped up in my life.

I'm still going to try to get these to you guys. It's just going to be later.

In the mean time, further input is appreciated.

Reactions: GSS
That's fine with me Rivem. You know what I want. I'll be ready when you are. :thanks:

Rivem

Sorry for the huge delay on this guys. :yabbem:
My life has been a bit hectic for me to be making things lately.

I'm going to produce some of these labels very soon. I'll have photos of the final version by the end of the week. You don't need to reply, but please have in mind how many labels you'd like. To conserve material, I need to make a lot at once.

Option #1 from post 25 will be the only label produced for the first round, so keep that in mind. I'll probably start a new thread with pricing and such in the BST section.

Again, we'll start with North American and APO/FPO members due to mailing.

Sorry for the huge delay on this guys. :yabbem:
My life has been a bit hectic for me to be making things lately.

I'm going to produce some of these labels very soon. I'll have photos of the final version by the end of the week. You don't need to reply, but please have in mind how many labels you'd like. To conserve material, I need to make a lot at once.

Option #1 from post 25 will be the only label produced for the first round, so keep that in mind. I'll probably start a new thread with pricing and such in the BST section.

Again, we'll start with North American and APO/FPO members due to mailing.

Rivem,

I was a little confused from earlier posts. :( These are the small labels that go on your lasers, correct? If so, I'd buy one from you for my 515! :)

-Alex

Rivem

Rivem,

I was a little confused from earlier posts. :( These are the small labels that go on your lasers, correct? If so, I'd buy one from you for my 515! :)

-Alex

You've got it Alex! I'll post an example photo after I have the final version printed and ready.

Before I forget, they're sort of a more dull metallic look for the media I have now. Kinda like the less shiny side of aluminum foil since that might not be conveyed well in a photo.

You've got it Alex! I'll post an example photo after I have the final version printed and ready.

Before I forget, they're sort of a more dull metallic look for the media I have now. Kinda like the less shiny side of aluminum foil since that might not be conveyed well in a photo.

Great! I'll stay on top of this thread. :yh:

-Alex