Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler: Custom 2x18650 Hosts

Would you be interested in at least one host at $75?

• Yes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
Press fit for the module. Most people prefer to buy the complete modules from DTR to prevent the risk of breaking their diode.

Press fit for the module. Most people prefer to buy the complete modules from DTR to prevent the risk of breaking their diode.

Thank you, I did edit while you replied to me also :) Just an idea to really make them shine...

These use the same milled design, but they are a larger knob and do not have the undercut in the back. And yes, that is possible. You want them still the same color but different shades due to the polishing right? Not plain polished aluminum, because I can't exactly have one are unanodized, and on anodized.

That would be cool to implement shades into it or to have say a blue host and blue focus ring (any color), with the circles in the focus ring and the inside of the host fins (or the outside), bare metal :)

We might be able to do different shades, but have the bare metal exposed is a whole different story, and of course it is going to add cost as it is going to be a bit nerve racking.

Do we have any drivers that could handle 4 x 18650s? Because I just thought how sweet this would be extended that far...:eg:

Last edited:
I have never worked with a metal lathe or anodizing processes, so I don't know what is possible. I thought that if something was coated, then specific parts could be buffed out to bare metal afterwards.

Edit: Im sure that would be nerve racking!

Last edited:
Yes, it most definitely is possible, but it is very delicate work. If you were to chuck it back up to use a tool to turn off the anodizing, you risk marring up the part, plus it has to be aligned perfectly. If you were doing it by hand, one slip, and you need to start over. So it is possible, it'd just be costly. For the heatsink fins though, we may be able to mask those when anodizing.

That would be fairly difficult because the way I plan of fixturing it, it wouldn't have the back cut off yet. (The piece I use is longer than what the finished piece ends up being, there is some waste, but it makes the process easier and has better results.)

Also, I need a name for this if anyone has any suggestions... I'm not good at naming things.

Last edited:
Just a thing to think about - this looks like a dilda style laser, if you know what I mean :p

djtomt

I didn't have the nerve to say it! It's great, though, it will have the element of surprise when people think it's a dildo and you shoot a 3 watt laser out of it.

Most of the tooling is now ordered. If you wish to reserve one, please post here or PM me saying so.