Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Favorite Wavelength?

SKeeZ

I'm gonna have to revise my post about the 491. Even though its a cool color i think 473's are equally cool

I have a hard time deciding... first it was 445-450 because i love the blue..
But ever since i own a 405 i can't decide ^^''
I really love 405 because of the awesome effect it has on certain materials and objects

So i think you could say i love every color blue and violet equally :p

I was kinda thinking the same thing as KapHn8d, more or less. there are tons I haven't seen in person yet, though.:whistle:

I like how some have unique properties, kinda like super powers. like red penetrates flesh, blue-violet-UV makes stuff flouresce.

to pick a favorite, I'd have to have a rainbow of them, equal power, say 500mW, in 10nm incerments from say 350-800nm, with some fog

the coolest would be an adjustable wavelength diode, especially if it had the range I mentioned above, maybe farther into IR too. if it could be adjusted 1nm at a time, makes me horny imagining it. I think there was a thread on this fantasy a while back

adjustable power too. I know what I'm dreaming about tonight:bday::lasergun::bday:
Great answer ha ha and yes it would be a dream some of those exotic colours are very expensive so the full spectrum would cost at 500mW a fortune, but dreaming about is good ..i just want a 589nm at about 100mw that i don't need to sell a body part for never mind the rest of the fancy blues,oranges you can get

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
So far, 589 is definitely my favorite, but I've got to believe that if I had a 473, it would be right up there! :)
Also, the 510-520 is a contender.

Hell, I'll take 1 of each, no need to make these important decisions that way. :crackup:

LaWS

If I can choose any wavelength, then I'll choose the 473nm :)

Last edited:
Even I don't see it in person, yet, I think 473nm or something blue... it's hard to decide between all wavelenghts...

Last edited:
Ugh... This talk about argons is making me want to buy one. To bad i'm a broke 14 year old :( i guess ill just go do experiments *COUGH* play *COUGH* with my 2 watt laser now to make me feel better.
I'm the same age, and I hate inexpert persons who say me to be carefully with lasers. What I mean is there is no question to be carefully, googles are required, I now, and I'll wear them when I will have an powerfull laser.

SKeeZ

This is a repetitive post. I posted one less than three days ago with this identical question.