Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FAP1200-M-80W-800.0

I am double posting because we both posted at close to the same time. Contact this guy on ebay, he is retired, but used to build these cable assemblies and sometimes can find what you need:

You'll need an oscilloscope. If you're undertaking the task of building your own driver, The Sorensen has about three percent ripple, according to my math, but better investigate that further, such as what is the percentage of ripple at 2 volts?

AquaticHarpy

I don't have the money to put into a nice driver at the moment, much less an oscilloscope, how would a pile of linear voltage regulators work? With capacitors to smooth it

At that current, you are better off just buying the Jenoptik power supply to assure you have a well engineered constant current source for the FAP's.

This is quickly turning into "Hey guys, I'm building a car with a $250 budget. So far I've spent 60% of that on a possibly cracked engine block. How can I build he rest of the car for only $100?"

I don't know how else to tell you: If you're averse to spending a measly 3 figures on a high power project, this hobby probably isn't for you.

AquaticHarpy

I'm getting there, the two laser modules work as I got red light out the cable on 2 amps, it's not that I don't want to spend it it's that I don't have it to spend yet