Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

F.S. or Trade- PC Heatsinks

E

electricmonk9@aol.com

how much for the hds? Do they use standard connections? Do you know capacities? How much would you charge to ship them to US?

Standard plug in connectors, where in the U.S. do you live, & how many would you want, & I haven't pulled out but 1 or 2 HD's so I don't really know specs but I can find out & most are the same kind.

I'm not very PC savvy, so I don't know if they are compatible with what you have, but they are Western Digital-Caviar 22100, AT compatible Intelligent Drives with drive parameters of 4092 cyl. 16 heads 63 spt & 2111.8 MB. There is a lay-out for 6 different J8 jumper settings on the back.

E

electricmonk9@aol.com

Jeez, these must be pretty old.  If the specs you gave are right they're only 2 gigs or so.  :eek:  I'll buy some of them but I don't know how much I'd be willing to pay.  You might be able to make more by selling them for the platters: I've heard they make good first-surface mirrors.

:Edit:- changed my post because it made me sound like a dick.

I'm open to reasonable trades also, or a cash & trade combination. Got anything laser related to trade ? rob

E

electricmonk9@aol.com

I don't have much laser stuff-  I DO have a bag of optics harvested from 8-10 PHR sleds- They're in good condition but a few pieces are damaged.  I'm not really sure what all the pieces do but you could probably find out from someone else here.

Looks like it will have to be cash then, 'cause I've got so many sleds from PHR's, LOC's & even some of the new 8 X's & I've only removed the optics from about half of them so far, sorry............rob

E

electricmonk9@aol.com

How much would you be willing to let them go for then? Do you have any idea about shipping costs?

I have NO IDEA what they are worth, but I DO KNOW that they era a pain-in-the-ass, to get out, & they are kinda heavy for shipping costs, so I'll make an offer to you but it's NOT carved in stone OK ? I AM willing to wheel & deal so neither of us gets ripped off. This depends on how many you would want, OK ? $10.00 each & I pay ALL the S&H, or $7.50 each & we split the S&H, 50/50. Let me know what you think OK ? Let's do this via Email, my Address is fusedpulse@yahoo.com I'll wait for your answer &/or counteroffer. rob

phoenix77 said:
I have NO IDEA what they are worth

Realistic..not the price of the shipping. Get a torx wrench and pull the platters and use a 15/32" drill bit to tap out the heat sinks and you should sell them faster.
You must have a boatload of boat anchors. Its probably Fast Page RAM too and you will not find anything that will fit that anymore. You can pull all the RAM, cards, and the chips and turn them in for gold scrap. If you have a huge pile of PCs you may get a couple of bucks. Pull the fans from the AT power supplies and cases and trash the rest.

The 'sinks come in a variety of sizes & shapes. Square, rectangular. some bare, some with cooling fans ( 12VDC ) attached. This is a new lap-top & i'm not computer savvy, so I'm still trying to figure out how to embed pics in my posts, sorry................rob

phoenix77 said:
The 'sinks come in a variety of sizes & shapes. Square, rectangular. some bare, some with cooling fans ( 12VDC ) attached. This is a new lap-top & i'm not computer savvy, so [highlight]I'm still trying to figure out how to embed pics in my posts[/highlight], sorry................rob

I know it's off-topic, but if you have a Photobucket (or other picture storage website) account then all you have to do is copy and paste the "direct link" address from below your uploaded picture in photobucket to the reply window in LPF, highlight the entire URL, and hit the "insert image" button above the reply window. This will put brackets around the url which will allow it to show up in your post.. That's how I do it anyway..

Hi Pat, thanks for the info. but I don't have a Photobucket site or any other photo site I'm aware of yet. The manual for this thing is in the mail & I should have it soon & then be able to embed photos in my postings, but thanks for the help, rob