Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Experience with Wicked Lasers in 2019

System32

Most of us here know about Wicked Lasers and their terrible record of shipping problems, People ordering and waiting months for their order's to be shipped and some never receiving there order at all, Well I have recently purchased a laser from them and this is how it went it did go well at the end and should get it on time

UK Style date format
03/05/2019 : Made my order "Spyder 3 Arctic 3.5 Watts Blue 445nm"

07/05/2019 : Order is shipped out and I receive a Email containing my "Tracking" number no Information as to who the carrier is
I assume its a DHL since it was a 10 digit code and on their website they say they use DHL and EMS
email screen.png

09/05/2019 : I Still had no tracking updates and decided to contact support they reply within hours and tell me its with FedEx and I need to track via reference since its not a tracking number, I try and track shows nothing I continue to try and track on DHL and FedEx for 3 days

12/05/2019 : Still no tracking something is really wrong now should be available by now,
So I make a new support ticket since my old ticket was not getting looked at saying my tracking does not work still and that they need to double check and give me a real tracking number and told them I was worried.
Some time later Scott replied to my ticket and told me its actually with UPS and gave me the real tracking number amazing!
The parcel was shipped out and with UPS on the 11/05/2019 and estimated to be delivered on the 17/05/2019 with worldwide expedited shipping
UPS Screenshot.png

16/05/2019 : Delivery made a day early excellent, laser works perfectly and the quality is great and I am very pleased with my order, Review coming soon

Updating more when laser will be delivered and will give my detailed review of the laser and if anything happens with delivery now that's on UPS

Edit Update! My laser arrived a day early!

Last edited:

TY for taking a bullet for the forum...
Most have learned to not expect much from WL.
Their ads back then set us back a few decades.
I bet an equal number of people wanted WL stopped.
There was no need to exaggerate the power.
best
wishes---hak

Most of us here know about Wicked Lasers and their terrible record of shipping problems, People ordering and waiting months for their order's to be shipped and some never receiving there order at all, Well I have recently purchased a laser from them and this is how it went it did go well at the end and should get it on time

UK Style date format
03/05/2019 : Made my order "Spyder 3 Arctic 3.5 Watts Blue 445nm"

07/05/2019 : Order is shipped out and I receive a Email containing my "Tracking" number no Information as to who the carrier is
I assume its a DHL since it was a 10 digit code and on their website they say they use DHL and EMS
View attachment 64773

09/05/2019 : I Still had no tracking updates and decided to contact support they reply within hours and tell me its with FedEx and I need to track via reference since its not a tracking number, I try and track shows nothing I continue to try and track on DHL and FedEx for 3 days

12/05/2019 : Still no tracking something is really wrong now should be available by now,
So I make a new support ticket since my old ticket was not getting looked at saying my tracking does not work still and that they need to double check and give me a real tracking number and told them I was worried.
Some time later Scott replied to my ticket and told me its actually with UPS and gave me the real tracking number amazing!
The parcel was shipped out and with UPS on the 11/05/2019 and estimated to be delivered on the 17/05/2019 with worldwide expedited shipping
View attachment 64774

16/05/2019 : Delivery made a day early excellent, laser works perfectly and the quality is great and I am very pleased with my order, Review coming soon

Updating more when laser will be delivered and will give my detailed review of the laser and if anything happens with delivery now that's on UPS

Edit Update! My laser arrived a day early!

I bought. A arctic blue 445 about 5 years ago and guess what went to post office to pick it up and was handed a customs violation letter saying if I ever imported another illegal item into United States I would face up to 10 years and a 10,000 dollar fine let’s just say that was last time I bought a laser lol

Hi John,
It depends who and from you buy a laser from to stay out of trouble. Dont let 5 years ago scare you out of enjoying something . There are other ways to obtain a build.

Rich:)

Ive built my own since then got a few 1-watt+ 445 I’ve created with help from here cheaper and when you make your own it’s all better in my opinion

I have to agree with that. I just don't buy ready made laser pointers from China. It is by far more satisfying to build a laser pointer from scratch. I do have one Chinese laser, but I was sent it to review for the price of shipping it to me. You will never get held up or threatened by customs if you buy laser diodes, drivers and hosts.

I should hope that WL can delivery on time.
at the 'peak' of interest I heard that Arctic WL was taking payments (w/o regard to delivery issues) at a rate of about 30 per hour 24/7. Taking money when they fully knew delivery would not happen soon.
My problem is/was much more important-- drumming up sales with pitches that draw tons of buyers (especially very young) while scaring the bejesus out of the non- laser people.. you had to be there.
'instantly sets flesh on fire'????--

LPF was flooded with new members who ONLY wanted to know WHEN/IF their WL would finally arrive. The WL forum was worse than no help at all.
SO-- they came here by the thousands. Some made no posts at all.
Lets put it this way...
most here that own WLs do not list them in their sig.... & it is still very foolish to buy WLs now- John's experience is very common.
I bet WL did NOT send another to him.
I have seen one side by side w/some Jetlasers lasers-- very cheapy feel- we were told the hosts for the Arctic cost WL less than 7usd each.
IIRC the free one offered to Sam took about a year to arrive ..same with the sample sent to Chuck (AixiZ)
JL was approached about helping with making of them. (declined-JL/Gray -did not want to be associated with such cheaply made lasers.)
ATM is may be a better idea to buy a used one (WL) from a member---rather than getting a new one from WL.

WL did get some 'redemption' w/ the WL Laser Dock-- I am looking for a good deal on a used one.

hak