Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Excellent Customer Service From Beamq.

Hi everybody, i have not seen a lot of info on the forums about whether Beamq was a reputable company to buy from, and i don't really have an answer to that, but what i do know is that they are very kind, and they have great customer service.

So here's the story: i was "playing" with my cheap-o "2W" blue laser from lazerpoint.com (dont buy from there) when ash from the piece of paper i was burning fell onto the culminating lens. it melted a little divot into the cheap acrylic lens, rendering the laser useless. i took apart the focusing assembly (smashed the glued-in acrylic lens out with a screwdriver) and started to scour the internet for a lens that would work in my laser.

i finally gave up and asked Laserpoint customer service if they could send me a new lens. of course they asked me to jump through a million flaming hoops like the good old "send it back to china" or, "buy another product and we'll send it to you" so i just gave up on them. then i asked Beamq, and after a quick conversation about which part i needed, they said that they would send me the part for free.

keep in mind, i didn't even order the laser from them, and they are willing to send me a part for it. albeit a cheap part, its still money they are spending. so i would like to encourage people to try one of their products, since i don't have the money right now to buy something from them (hence why they sent me the part for free) and see if their products are as good as their support, which they might be. they do seem to have a large inventory of more industrial and lab grade parts than anything else, including a good looking 100mw-3W 589nm DPSS yellow laser

and if your wondering, this is the laser from laserpoint: 2000mw 450nm Adjustable Focus Blue Laser

Beamq.com

Acrylic lens on a 2W blue laser? So did BeamQ send you another acrylic lens? If so although a nice gesture I'm not sure they did you too much of a favor. That's a lot of power for plastic lens. You may want to buy a glass lens from DTR or Flaminpyro.

Last edited:
Acrylic lens on a 2W blue laser? That's a lot of power for plastic lens. You may want to buy a glass lens from DTR or Flaminpyro.

i know, i just wanted to be sure the lens would even fit in the laser, because if i got one from DTR i don't know if it would be compatible with the laser. and yes, they will be sending it soon.

I don't think sending you a cheap little plastic lens is anything to rave about. OMG, I'm turning into one of those guys who pisses all over new members, not good... Welcome to the club! Same happened to me when I showed up here. That said, I'm suspicious you came in here to advertise for them :p but the weakness of what they are doing for you isn't a good enough story for you to be doing that.

Last edited:
ash from the piece of paper i was burning fell onto the culminating lens. it melted a little divot into the cheap acrylic lens, rendering the laser useless. i took apart the focusing assembly (smashed the glued-in acrylic lens out with a screwdriver) and started to scour the internet for a lens that would work in my laser.

:wtf: How was it focusable if it was glued in place? This doesn't sound right, the lens should be in a brass or plastic lens barrel that screws into the focus knob and then screws into the module in front of the diode.

Alan

I've been keeping my mouth shut to see if other people are picking up the things wrong with the OP. Its prety hard to believe. If I am wrong I apologize to the OP but I find it a bit to coincidental that this "give BeamQ a try" thread comes out exactly one day after an email exchange I had with BeamQ discussing the 589 and the lack of pos feedback here on the forums. Its quite a coincidence that the OP just happens to mention 589's at the end of the OP pretty much out of no where.
At bare min the OP's story about his 2W blue laser with an acrylic lens just aint' adding up. Sorry OP but something smells fishy.

I don't think sending you a cheap little plastic lens is anything to rave about. That said, I'm suspicious you came in here to advertise for them .

yeah im advertising for them, but they didnt tell me too im just doing it cause i feel bad that they spent money on someone who isnt even a customer. and i know its just a cheap little lens, but its still money the company is spending on me.

also, to the other comment about the lens being glued into place: the lens has some black plastic threading around it that screws into the focusing head (or whatever you want to call it) of the laser, but after being screwed in, it was glued into place, so you can focus it, but the lens cannot be removed or replaced without damaging the lens.

Last edited:

amayas

Dear all,

I am planing to buy some lasers from BeamQ... please, any advice?
are they trustworthy company?

thank you for the answer

Amayas

Dear all,

I am planing to buy some lasers from BeamQ... please, any advice?
are they trustworthy company?

thank you for the answer

Amayas

I wouldn't reccomend it. This was a long time ago, when I knew nothing about lasers. The lasers from here seem to be the same cheap lasers from China from any other website. I would reccomend laserbtb if you want cheaper lasers.