Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ever had a really overspec laser surprise arrive

I recently had a pair of 1mw red eBay pens arrive that are stable at 160 mW. I was expecting maybe the usual 20 to 50 mW overspec if your lucky. I'm in Australia so to LPM them both and find them way overspec and stable i was very happy .As most know just how hard our customs are on lasers this was bought locally ,have other members had such a good surprize with the laser being so overspec. This has a 1mw sticker on it .most other pens i buy are around 10.to 25 mW and occasionally 60 mW but never this much over.

Last edited:

IsaacT

Congrats on your WAY overspec lasers!!! I love seeing my expectations get shattered by a happier reality :)

Made my day i know its only a eBay pen but still a very pleasant surprise. Putting a mag glass in front and match's lite in couple seconds and it only cost 6 dollars posted

Hey, that's quite a bit of luck you caught there, Blaster.

Care to post a link to the auction page, or the seller's items page for the rest of us? :wave:

Thanks...

DrSid

1mW has 160mw ? Wow ..
It's actually a problems, if you want safe laser ..

Well, when I ordered the JL 473 in the group buy, it was sold as 10-30mW and the first time I metered it, it stayed above 110mW for the minute or so of the test with a peak of 129mW. It seems to be steady around 70-80mW all the time now. Maybe not as overspec as the 1mW to 160mW, but pretty darn cool IMHO.

I love overspec lasers :) as wel as over spec diodes :beer:

I had a M-140 once that did 1.8W @ 1A

I had a HL532-300 from skylaser that peaked at almost 600mW
I have tested an PL532-500 that peaked at 1W it was sold in my
Laserbtb/skylaser stock thread.
My personal PL532-500 easily hits 850mW
Multiple over spec pen lasers.. Almost every 5mW pen i ordered was overspec.
The fasttech 50mW green modules were great some of them were 110mW.

I am also finding that most lasers in my GB are oversec. This is not an ad but it is what o hear from people that post results themselves.

Greetings, :beer:

Hey, that's quite a bit of luck you caught there, Blaster.

Care to post a link to the auction page, or the seller's items page for the rest of us? :wave:

Thanks...
I will obviously an Australian dealer but it would be worth the wait both the same output give it take a few milliwatts ....i know he has at the moment 300 plus left i have already bought another 5 hoping for same batch and approx same power, the eBay buyers name is supertech? I will check and get back ASAP

Yes supertech!! ......with the two exclamation marks I'm very interested to hear about other members overspec arrivals certainly makes your day

Thanks Blaster. It seems that seller ships only to Australia.

Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes...

I hope your luck holds for those 5 you have on their way to you!

Yes supertech!! ......with the two exclamation marks I'm very interested to hear about other members overspec arrivals certainly makes your day

Did you win them in an auction or did you buy the red ones for 8 bucks? 160 times over spec is awesome!

I've ordered the red one from super tech, will post an update when it arrives :)

Last edited:
Did you win them in an auction or did you buy the red ones for 8 bucks? 160 times over spec is awesome!

I've ordered the red one from super tech, will post an update when it arrives :)
No they cost 8 the 6 was just a typo neither here or there in big picture ,he just put up his price another 50 cents but if the others i bought are the same or close in output i will not care obviously. I asked him to send from the same supplier he sent last two to me and at that stage he had 300 left or more so fingers crossed