Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Euro to dollar ratio's Januari 2015

Hello guys,

I am planning to make a trip to the states in may 2016. FINALLY. This has been in the works for about a year now.

Unfortunately the following had happened:

A2128B8B-F027-4570-B86F-E98046293C67.png_zpsu6wmbwhx.jpeg

Which basically means my holiday as of now is getting 30% more expensive then it should be :p

Maybe before that time it will get better. If i were you guys i would invest in some euro's for the long run. It has been eleven years that the exchange ratio was this low for euro's.

Anyway what i was wondering. I have a bunch of dollars in my paypal account. Is there a way in america for me as a tourist to pull notes out of the wall from my my paypal account?

Feel free to comment :beer:

Robin

Last edited:

With Greece having a new government as of today, the $/€ ratio has been affected from that too ^^

you need either a paypal debit card, or have a bank with a location in the states, transfer the money, then withdraw it. I'd look into the pp debit card, pulls funds right out of your pp account and is good for point of sales types, as well as ATMs

this is a pretty big change. seems the ratio was 1.36 until recently, though I keep an eye on silver much closer

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

A little off topic But why not come in august And attend selem :crackup: Just a little off topic

If you're staying with a friend, or family, gift them the money via paypal, in dollars, and have them withdraw from their account.

Otherwise look into a paypal debit card... that would the easiest option.

I wish that was the going rate when I lived in Germany. It varied anywhere from $1.21 to $1.31 for one Euro on the few days I checked.

With Greece having a new government as of today, the $/€ ratio has been affected from that too ^^

The netherlands sponsored greece 126.000.000.000. They want us to wright of that cost :p crazy.

you need either a paypal debit card, or have a bank with a location in the states, transfer the money, then withdraw it. I'd look into the pp debit card, pulls funds right out of your pp account and is good for point of sales types, as well as ATMs

this is a pretty big change. seems the ratio was 1.36 until recently, though I keep an eye on silver much closer

I will look into that! Would be awesome! Wonder if i can request that card in the netherlands. It is cool to have the costs withdrawn from your balance :D

A little off topic But why not come in august And attend selem :crackup: Just a little off topic

Springbreak baby :) we are probably going to do a road trip along the east coast!

If you're staying with a friend, or family, gift them the money via paypal, in dollars, and have them withdraw from their account.

Otherwise look into a paypal debit card... that would the easiest option.

No. I am going with friends. And i dont know anybody there except you guys. I will look into the paypal debit card. Would be awesome to be able to use it in ATM's and such.

I wish that was the going rate when I lived in Germany. It varied anywhere from $1.21 to $1.31 for one Euro on the few days I checked.

Yes i expect it to be normal again at the end of 2016. So euro could be a good investment now.

Thanks for the help! :D

Greetings!

Robin

EDIT: PayPal debit card not available in the Netherlands :(

Last edited:
Let me know if you end up in the NYC area.

Sucks about the no debit card.

The next best option would be to just use your own debit card to withdraw from ATM... at least that way you will be getting whatever is the bank interchange rate. I traveled to thailand recently and just ended up pulling ~$300 at a time in local currency from ATMs there.

I don't know what it's like in othe countries but certainly here in the UK there are some credit cards that give you better exchange rate and cost less in interest/withdrawal fees when pulling money out of an ATM. I have one that costs virtually nothing to withdraw money even in a foreign currency.

whelp im in central Virginia if your passing through let me know :beer:

Sure :beer: We are going to make routing plans later this month.

Let me know if you end up in the NYC area.

Sucks about the no debit card.

The next best option would be to just use your own debit card to withdraw from ATM... at least that way you will be getting whatever is the bank interchange rate. I traveled to thailand recently and just ended up pulling ~$300 at a time in local currency from ATMs there.

I will probably go to NYC so i will send you a PM :wave:

I don't know what it's like in othe countries but certainly here in the UK there are some credit cards that give you better exchange rate and cost less in interest/withdrawal fees when pulling money out of an ATM. I have one that costs virtually nothing to withdraw money even in a foreign currency.

I believe my banks credit card is pretty good. I dont have one ATM because i never use it. My banks charges about 50$ a year for having one. I ablsolutely need one for the states.

thanks to all :beer:

Robin