Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Eudaimonium's machine shop

Blord

That looks sleek massive big awesome host. I am sure a heavy laser could be build. :)

Sure is. Check out the opening post, got more pictures and more detailed info... but you have probably figured everything out from 3D rendering alone.

We will await the first review by RBC, to whom the first GEX goes. It should be on it's way to him by now, I've ordered it to be sent a while back.

Hi ,

I was wondering if its possible to maybe have a host made for a led torch that im making ? I can do a layout/diagram of the host with all dimensions , the host wont be that big , largest diameter part will be 40 mm .

Cheers

Twirly :)

Send over the designs via PM to see if they're doable with current equipment I have. No guarantees :p

Man I would really like to grab a Phobos and a GEX. I think the probability is quite high of this happening in the near future :D

That GEX looks like it would be one hell of a 9mm 445nm host. I would love to run a Feilong 32650 on a X-Boost in that beast, talk about a stable laser.

Hey, Is the Ultrafire C3 and the Aurora C6 Heatsink still available?
how much it will cost to 15141, Indonesia?

Thanks!..

Updated Opening Post:

Most prices lowered a bit, and put up quick info table at the start of the post for quick price reference and availability.

SN P

I'd say you can run that for several minutes before needing to cool off. 1.2 Amps isn't too much.

Okay thanks. So what would the correlation be between the number if amps and the duty cycle? (Just so that I can get a clearer idea for future builds

Okay thanks. So what would the correlation be between the number if amps and the duty cycle? (Just so that I can get a clearer idea for future builds

I'm afraid I cannot give you any firm formula for it, it's more of a "gut feeling" from experience from working with those things.

It's like if you've ever asked a cook how long does something take. "Until it looks about right". :D

If you really want to calculate stuff, the heatsink's mass if aprox. 60-70 grams of aluminium, diode's thermal power output is aprox 10 Watts and it's maximum case temperature shouldn't exceed aprox 150°C maximum, with 100°C at all times should be preferable.

Reflow soldering happens at 180°C IIRC so by the time you get there, your laser's diode's die would've desoldered from it's pedestal.

Last edited:

SN P

I'm afraid I cannot give you any firm formula for it, it's more of a "gut feeling" from experience from working with those things.

It's like if you've ever asked a cook how long does something take. "Until it looks about right". :D

If you really want to calculate stuff, the heatsink's mass if aprox. 60-70 grams of aluminium, diode's thermal power output is aprox 10 Watts and it's maximum case temperature shouldn't exceed aprox 150°C maximum, with 100°C at all times should be preferable.

Reflow soldering happens at 180°C IIRC so by the time you get there, your laser's diode's die would've desoldered from it's pedestal.

Okay, thanks for your help