Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

etiquette question

Anthony P

I notice many members have a list of lasers in their collection after each post. Is this considered useful and helpful to other members? Should I make such a list? Does it go in the "signature" section of my profile?

It's not required but you can list all or part of your collection if you wish.
Yes it's part of your signature IINM

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Anthony, it's mostly just a personal preference, you can make a list if you want to let members see what wavelengths you own, and yes, it does go in your signature section. :)

Edit: You can also put other information in your signature, such as links to things that you think are informational or important to know.

AFAIK we also have a thread 'Member Collections'

A lot depends upon where you live (legal issues))
Some do not want their lasers stolen..
In some places police take every laser they can.
Why give them a 'shopping list'??

I only list my gas lasers.
and a few lab lasers.

PM any vet for more help...BTGuy is always helpful.. TY Jeff Z

Back when I joined in 2013 is was more common than it is now. I started mine after I had enough to make it worth doing. I don't list all my lasers, though. Maybe half or less. I should update it.

They ALL look great-- (the Rainbow' is fitting!)

the down side- they keep making new ones- faster than you can get them..
hhahah
The tables are turned.. now its US chasing the laser dot(s) that we can never (100%) catch.
hak

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
You're right Len, now it's my cats turn to laugh his a$$ off as I try to get the latest wavelength! 😸

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, definitely not a requirement. It’s just nice for others to look at. Imagine if some was to list every laser they owned though. Imagine the signature length. :p

All you guys should be getting the free Laser Trade Mag.
You can get it on-line or paper-- IIRC every year has an updated laser 'chart' -- kinda like the chart of the elements in school BUT way more kewl-- his chart is big- and can be gotten via the mail-- pricey especially the laminated version.. the one we get free is folded and as usual the folds make places where you can get a rip -- I carefully and mount it--looks great on my workshop wall.

Well the new one came & there are MORE diodes etc. I tried to be careful but failed-- plan to send it to Paul if he does not have one. I would repair before sending but that would require more folding-- so he can do all that in one 'operation'.
I MADE A THREAD ON IT... BUT- someone who THOUGHT they were smart posted what he THOUGHT I was talking about-- the mag is 'Photonics Spectra' that smarty pants thought that I was talking about the 'Photonic Spectrum' and attached HIS 'Chart'

FYVM

MYB you can see the newest version on-line..
and there is a lot more than wavelentghs--WAY MORE.
another 'mag' they send is 'Photonics Showcase'
ALL the newest stuff-- (to drool over)
and once a year a HUGE directory to EVERY company involved in Photonics..
AND everything is cross referenced..
Look up your city or state and there is a list w/ contact info.
Look up what they make --like optics--cross referenced--again.

For the still not sure what they want to be-- lots of choices and where to make contacts.
Trust me-- if you have the training there IS a great job out there.. pick WHERE you would like to live & what you want to do...(that is not 'work' IMHO)

The 10 millionth US patent was filed not long ago and it was for another LASER app. (Lidar) and there is no end in sight.

Photonics Media .com

CURTIS!!!!!!
Your sig takes first place. me likey

+ rep you when I can (hint hint)

len

B U M P I N G
update;
on 'the'chart I count >40 wavelengths that almost ALL we can see ( there are a very few who can see IR and UV that we cannot (LSO Class)
from 405 to 750nm. that info is about 10 % of what is there. And many more lines above this graph.

'' ... Chart displays the major commercial laser lines, detectors, (< Steve Roberts job) and optical materials in the UV to the far IR and... BEYOND!!! '' they apoligize for there NOT being much more info...

'' Space limitations make it impossible to include ALL LASING MEDIA (caps mine)

they mention 'multiple secondary lines'-- (aha)

so the 'list' is never ending..

. `old thread' (Jacked)

https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/free-trade-mag-to-see.96336/#post-1551171

bump it.

So many have never seen PSpectra.
was kinda 'shocked' when this months came.. Big Pot leaf on the cover and articles about uses for growers. (Testing not growing)

I got the 2019 Photonics buyer's guide this year. It is the same size as our phone book in Tacoma.

I forgot Paul that you told me.. duh-- did you get the latest foldout chart??
if so I will send my extra to another..

It cost the advertisers plenty $$$ especially the first one.

PS has been around a LONG time-- iirc 24yrs..(only 5 yrs for me==IIRC.

w/ the issues , the directories and the Buyers guide etc IMO it is the best 'single' source of Photonic info.
I asked one there to join us.. she said OK but never did.. I have a thread of her work here.. very cool job she has..

I got the 2019 Photonics buyer's guide this year. It is the same size as our phone book in Tacoma.