Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Enchanted Beams Thread

Few shots..
Weather haven't been nice for few weeks, last evening was clear so I grabbed my camera and took few photos of Ursa Major. Hopefully sky remains clear whole weekend..

Hi-Res images via click

Last edited:
Few more Uma shots..
Faint glow of aurora can be seen, unfortunately sky was getting in overcast just when the show was about to begin.. :mad:

_1190624_web.jpg

_1190631_web.jpg

_1190647_web.jpg

Very nice photos, AD, and such an amazing amount of visible stars! :cool:

Thanks Bowtie! :thanks:
This time of year, when it's dark it is basicly pitch black.
Now it is best time of year for look up to skies and take pictures of stars. Luckily where I'm living atm the light pollution amount is quite low. :p

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
WoW, that's just stunning to watch. I do really want to see aurora's. When there's a solar event, occasionally we have the chance of seeing them in southern UK. But of course being British weather, it has been cloudy every single night they have occurred. :p

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Damn, that's beautiful AD, I'd love to see that in person!
That last scene in the video where it shows the empty looking building with the lights still on, looks kind of eerie, like aliens have come and abducted the residents; that music also adds to that feeling.

Last edited:
I love both auroras. Borealis and Australis. It is magnificent how cosmic radiation captured by the earth's magnetic field finds its way to the poles to give this display. I have yet to see one personally.

CE5

Paul, Wash. state is actually one of the better lower 48's to have a good chance of catching the Northern Lights. Even though most of the prediction models lump it into a general observational band, some folks that I know up that way have often been able to observe the lights even when the prediction models indicated otherwise. Of course it's a good idea to take the phase of the Moon and local light pollution into account as well. There are a couple of decent Aurora forecast sites out there. Here is one that I like to use, and it also provides in depth info in an easy to process format:

Northern Lights Forecast

Anything that predicts a KP4 or KP5 would be a good chance for you to observe the event. I'm kinda surprised you haven't been able to catch one yet? :thinking:

For the past five plus years I live in the north end of Tacoma where there are many obstacles to the north. I have lived here in Tacoma for the past 16 years though and have never caught one. I guess I'll have to start looking for them. :thanks: +rep

Few shots from last night..

Yesterday was a Finnish nature day and me and my friend headed to conservation area nearby. Took few pictures of small waterfall that we found on our hiking trip..
Very beautiful place, need to go visit there again some day..
(Celebrate Finnish Nature day 26.8.2017)

Hi-Res images via click > :p

Last edited:

BobMc

Happy Finnish Nature Day!, that is diffidently the way to celebrate the Holiday. Gorgeous shots. Love beam shots in the morning, makes my day. :thanks: for sharing such beautiful pictures. :)

Last edited:
Happy Finnish Nature Day!, that is diffidently the way to celebrate the Holiday. Gorgeous shots. Love beam shots in the morning, makes my day. :thanks: for sharing such beautiful pictures. :)

Thanks Bob! :thanks: