Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Enchanted Beams Thread

Vision

Incomplete NUBM07E @ 5.5A

tpX63il.jpg

diachi

Why the system still says this? -> "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ArcticDude again."

The rep systems requires that you give rep to other people before giving it to Arctic again.

Radim

The rep systems requires that you give rep to other people before giving it to Arctic again.

Yes, I know. The task is to give out enough, but how much is enough? I noticed I give reps about to same people as they are frequent contributors of valuable content IMO. And the number of them is seemingly not enough. So I need to reach also some others I want to rep, what depends if I see their posts valuable to keep some meaning of the reps given.

Very beautiful, ArcticDude. The colors that come out in these half dark photos are amazing. Thank you. + rep.

Yes, I know. The task is to give out enough, but how much is enough? I noticed I give reps about to same people as they are frequent contributors of valuable content IMO. And the number of them is seemingly not enough. So I need to reach also some others I want to rep, what depends if I see their posts valuable to keep some meaning of the reps given.

I'm not completely sure that this is the only reason why, but it makes sense that they would make a rule to prevent people from making another account and giving rep to every post they make. It won't prevent them from doing so, but it at least discourages people from doing it simply because of the extra time it takes to do.

In order to make another account specifically for the purpose of giving oneself additional reputation is absurd on its face. For every number you have in your signature rep, 0.01 of that is all you can give to anyone else. In order to make an account worth your while for giving to yourself in another account, one would need many points already there. Over three and a half years ago when I joined this forum the amount of positive reputation was scarce, even when someone did or brought very good new information here. For instance, the rep that WhiteFang has in his one monthg here was considered quite a lot for someone who had been here for many years and had thousands of posts.

In order to make another account specifically for the purpose of giving oneself additional reputation is absurd on its face. For every number you have in your signature rep, 0.01 of that is all you can give to anyone else. In order to make an account worth your while for giving to yourself in another account, one would need many points already there. Over three and a half years ago when I joined this forum the amount of positive reputation was scarce, even when someone did or brought very good new information here. For instance, the rep that WhiteFang has in his one monthg here was considered quite a lot for someone who had been here for many years and had thousands of posts.

Did not know that. I just assumed that every +rep meant that you went up 1 point. That definitely makes my number seem a lot more reasonable :D

Very beautiful, ArcticDude. The colors that come out in these half dark photos are amazing. Thank you. + rep.

Thanks Paul and Radim! :thanks:

I used to do long walks in forests with my dog but since my dog passed away a year ago, I'll have to do these long walks with my lasers for now.
Going out into nature to see sunsets and watch a night sky is the main reason why I'm doing this. I would propably do exactly same thing even if I would not own a camera.

Since there is no real life value for +Rep points, creating another account just for giving +rep oneself is absurd as paul mentioned.

Radim

Yes, having dog as a company for these walks is great. Sorry for that. Our dog - german shepherd also died in August 2015. I missed her a lot. Luckily my sister got another dog (corgi) at the end of last summer and he is currently barking on everything, sniffing around garden and it is such a fun with him. He loves lasers as well and everytime he sees me with some in hand he goes crazy. Hard to explain him, that this one is powerful beast not a pointer suitable for catch me if you can game. We play it only occasionely as it is not good for his psychics to do it often. :)

I also love going into nature. In my forest I know every root, every stone and I notice every change there. I love it there. It is such a peace in my mind, a lot of thinking can be done there and such an awesome relax from work. When riding bike on my favoirite paths I enjoy it a lot, it is something exceptional as I can be with me only and think about stuff from different perspectives. And what a wild life is there! In night I'm especially amazed by owls, they are incredibly silent in flight. Usually I know about animals around as they are doing some little noise, but not owls, I notice them only when flying over.

Reactions: GSS

Radim

Another nice pic. Amazing colors, great composition - you have an eye for that. Thank you for sharing it.
Just some tip: What about experimenting with reflections from water surface? I have it in my mind long time already, just I need to wait to get right vegetation around some places I consider (extremely little ponds). ;)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Random question for Radim. Have you got teaching experience? :D You remind me a little of one of my tutors with your tips and ideas. :p

Anyway, back on subject. Lovely shot again ArcticDude.
plusreplpf.png
:beer:

Last edited:

Radim

Random question for Radim. Have you got teaching experience? :D You remind me a little of one of my tutors with your tips and ideas. :p

Anyway, back on subject. Lovely shot again ArcticDude.
plusreplpf.png
:beer:

:D Not as a teacher, but I admit it would be pleasure for me to be a physics and math teacher on high school for example. I think I could make students interested in it, to potentially change their lives, at least of some of them. So far I just have experience with tutoring students in these subjects and some others like business, economics and finance stuff. Also from time to time I help my girlfriend with math and other stuff. But what I enjoyed a lot were some physics projects on high school like on thermodynamics of gasses with various engines as application (like those in vintage trains and ships - steam engine, cars, planes, rockets...), communication systems (like radio stuff, tv broadcast, cell phone networks etc.) or astronomy and so on, just to name a few. I was very detailed with a lot of stuff visuals, history insights, technology solutions and often I had to explain some other stuff in different area to make the point why this and not that is used as a solution. And I even replaced differential and integral calculus by symplified versions of it with finite increments to explain the theory as some formulas cannot be derived without that and those not attending electible math seminar were therefore out of game (although I think it was discussed later). With these assumption it was much easier to explain that with use of this calculus than just say - it can be derived. I also liked the days of open doors at our high school, which I often spent as volunteer conducting interesting experiments in physics lab. Theese times were such a fun for me. :D

Here I just like to share what's on my mind and what I know to contribute here somehow. Still for example there are guys building lasers and stuff here, to who I cannot compare as I have not that experience. Although I like a lot of projects here. Some are so great. Especially I like Laserbuilder's and ArcticDude's threads.

When I'm thinking about some unique 532 nm of extreme power far over 1 W and awesome beam specs beating some labbies and in portable with a great verstile and durable host for my laserpainting purposes. Maybe time for custom build? I do not have much a courage to do it. on my own. Basicaly that only thing I can get completed to my ideas is maybe some awesome DPSS laser module. Maybe driver with some control unit potentially programable through PIC chip or arduino. I really need something like this. (I will be happy to share my ideas if anyone is interested.)

So, here I appreciate ArcticDude's RGB host, which is starring on his artworks and photos. This is an awesome dilda, awesome photos. I think he should promote the host with some comment to pictures much more, where its used and do a little bit of review series how he uses it, what are cons and pros, what would he change, what he loves on it. And so... I like how some member in his thread mentioned he is building this host with display and SW sliders. I can imagine it to be connected even to Android and iOS with custom app to set it completely using entire phones capability and doing it smart through this. I think he is able to do it.

BTW: That's sounds like a start of business plan for custom lasers, ArcticDude. :D

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Teaching others is good way of helping yourself learn more effectively. I like to spread what I learn onto others, as in order to do so clearly, I have to know what I am teaching. It sounds like you could be a good teacher. :beer:

Thanks Curtis and Radim!

Few shots from last night hiking trip. What a beautiful clear night! :p
Took nearly 300 photos, some water reflection shots for Radim. (I'll upload them a bit later) I was back home around 4:30 am.

city_night_01_web.jpg

city_night_03_web.jpg

city_night_04_web.jpg

city_night_05_web.jpg

city_night_06_web.jpg

city_night_07_web.jpg

Last edited: