Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

EL wire vest

So I decided this project might be of interest to some of you and it is my first project I will have shown you guys. After quite some time I finally got around to making an EL wire vest. While it is nothing impressive from a technical standpoint I still think the results turned out well. Let me know what you think.

8512004362_375c044cd8_c.jpg

8512000110_5b2f898dc5_c.jpg

8512002554_f2c6dbb3e5_c.jpg

Looks good! Getting that wire fixed to clothing can be a pain.

Now all you need to do is color the pin-stripes a different EL-wire color, and maybe utilize a thinner variety so it isn't as bright as the outline. You could even sequence them with an EL-wire modulator and a microcontroller.

Looking good...
Should try something like that on one of my bike
jackets for maybe better night visibility....:evil:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Pilgor

I did my bicycle helmet in EL wire. Impossible to miss at night.

You should see the EL wire at Burning Man, like no no other place on earth, there were the most amazing EL wire sculptures and people wearing it
and putting it on bicycles, I think every one should go at least one time and see for there selves, your guaranteed to be truly amazed if you do :D

Check these guys out> Cool Neon EL Wire

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words.

Looks good! Getting that wire fixed to clothing can be a pain.

Now all you need to do is color the pin-stripes a different EL-wire color, and maybe utilize a thinner variety so it isn't as bright as the outline. You could even sequence them with an EL-wire modulator and a microcontroller.

I was thinking about doing something like that but I would need to figure out a way to attach things while still leaving the vest moveable and not bulging on the sides with hidden electronics.

You should see the EL wire at Burning Man, like no no other place on earth, there were the most amazing EL wire sculptures and people wearing it
and putting it on bicycles, I think every one should go at least one time and see for there selves, your guaranteed to be truly amazed if you do :D

Check these guys out> Cool Neon EL Wire

Burning Man has been on my list of things I have to go to at least once for years now. Hopefully I will be able to make it in the next few years, it looks like an amazing experience. Also Cool Neon is where I got my wire from.

They use fabric glue to attach the EL wire to the fabric so it is still movable and the electronic invert-er is very
small unless you are going to be incorporating a sequencer to the mix also.

The other method is to use very fine mono filament line and sew over the EL wire to hold it in place.

Have fun...

Last edited:

hali

hey. Im planning on using El wire to outline a bicycle for safe night riding. Im pretty new to using EL wire in general . Anyone got any tips?