Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ehgemus = the man!

mfo

Well, I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I had a custom host made by Ehgemus for my 445 diode. I wanted this host to meet a few criteria that he was willing to meet for me with no problems. One, I don't like the diode to module to heatsink method. It's inefficient at dispersing heat with these high power diodes if you ask me. Rather, I like the diode be pressed right into the heatsink. Two, focusing ring. Just to make it easier to focus and make the host look that much better. Three, nice clicky switch, but I'm sure that's standard. The result...............

2775-101-1118.jpg

2776-101-1117.jpg

445nmsmall.png

Thanks to Tony (Xplorer877) for giving ehgemus a mention in my http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/wanted-someone-lathe-skills-make-custom-heatsinks-51365.html I made a while back. Thanks ehgemus for answering my questions in a timely fashion and delivering such an awesome product. This is hands down my favorite host, and you can definitely expect me to be getting in touch with you soon for another one :)

-Chris

Ehgemus strikes again!

(I like the knurling)

What is your current setting and output?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did this set up cost? I'm debating making a 445nm handheld and that looks like a sweet host.

i love my 1200mw(445) black ehgemus host..... i really like polished silver hosts alot too.....#1 hosts in my book