Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ehgemus. The man. Again.

mfo

I will keep this short, simple & sweet (minus a bit of lulz @ the end).

I ordered another host from Ehgemus, and it came out flawless, just like the last one I purchased from him. Here's the build.

BGtq5l.jpg

It's a 12x w/ 405-G-1 lens. I'm using a microboost set @ 410mA. Not sure of the output, but I should be getting an LPM soon. The diode is directly pressed into the host for maximum heat dissipation, no aixiz module.

Now for the lulz:

I was attempting to take beam shots w/ 4 lasers of mine (this 405, 445, 532 @660) and I burned a hole in my gf's jacket from like 20 feet away in the other room :( Well, three holes as I was positioning the laser dots apart. This thing is a beast! Lucky for me it was only a $30 jacket, which I will now count towards the entire build cost lol.

Last edited:

Very large picture. Please resize. ;)

The host has too many edges for my taste but it looks like some quality machine work.
The date burned into the paper is a nice touch, too.

I've burned holes in pillows, blankets, towels, curtains... many things that got in the way while I was playing with lasers.

mfo

Very large picture. Please resize. ;)

The host has too many edges for my taste but it looks like some quality machine work.
The date burned into the paper is a nice touch, too.

I've burned holes in pillows, blankets, towels, curtains... many things that got in the way while I was playing with lasers.

Sorry about the hugeness, didn't realize until I posted. I think I fixed it now.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one that's accidentally charred things with lasers lol :'(

Sorry about the hugeness, didn't realize until I posted. I think I fixed it now.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one that's accidentally charred things with lasers lol :'(

I charred my wall without noticing it... the way i realize these things is the smell of burning lol.

Ehgemus' work is amazing. I love the clicky and how smooth the threading is.