Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ehgemus Host's

Ehgemus made a lot of nice host for me, he stopped building them for me after I confided with another member that he makes good hosts, except I was upset about one I received which was not machined as I had wanted for a knife edge, that arse told him I said that, now I was an arse. Wasnt too long after that he stopped making hosts for us all together because he could make more money machining high quality tops.

Do not confide anything, either say it openly or don't... He left because members wanted him to work hard many hours for them without being willing to pay for it, at least, not enough to even earn minimum wage, where with tops, he could make good money. It takes time and money to build hosts!
I had been communicating with him on the phone to make a custom host and was willing to pay him well. I gave him money upfront and then he disappeared. He took my money and never made anything. I had no idea he was making tops which is funny because I know all the top people from various FB groups. He must be using a different name. The top craze is interesting. I have seen people become literally addicted to buying tops spending an amount on one top that you would not believe. I purchased a small number of interesting ones and then left. Some of the top top guys are well know custom knife makers.

Hi,
I know what you mean about many hours machining hosts , tooling , material . Custom hosts are very well built and prewired for the customer to install their diode driver combo. And yes the hours and work put into a custom or even a modded flashlight host sometime I wonder about it. Some folks dont want to pay the asking price. But I still work on hosts for the forum members so they have something to work with.
Rich:)

Hi,
I know what you mean about many hours machining hosts , tooling , material . Custom hosts are very well built and prewired for the customer to install their diode driver combo. And yes the hours and work put into a custom or even a modded flashlight host sometime I wonder about it. Some folks dont want to pay the asking price. But I still work on hosts for the forum members so they have something to work with.
Rich:)
You know as well as I do, that you get what you pay for. I have a personal credo. If I cannot afford the asked for a reasonable price for labor, I don't try and get someone to come down off of their price. What is fair is fair. Expecting people to work for less than they deserve only serves to build resentment in the person you are asking and will surely affect the result.