Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

editing typos after post marks it edited

Zom-B

Can there be a delay on when a post will be marked edited?

When I post something, I often see typos, but when I edit even 1 character less than 10 seconds after posting, it still flags as edited.

I've seen on other forums that there is a window of approx 2 minutes for editing, without your post being flagged as edited.

Why don't you just put "typos" in the reason for editing field? What are you trying to hide?

Blord

Well the message looks neater. A one minute delay is useful. Some other sites have incorporated this ability.

This was debated a bit going back and forth, and the decision was made to keep the message there if any change is made, no matter how soon it is made.

No one really cares much if it says edited below the post.

how about you use firefox and it underlines typos in red like it does in word :thinking:

IE does do this as well so now im struggling to see the problem :thinking: i had to go check with IE to see if it worked. I think i have IE 7 or 8 but i never use it so dont even remember how to check :crackup:

Duh, i forgot those three options were over there. i was just looking under 'file' 'edit' 'view' etc..... BTW its IE 10, guess it updates automatically when i update my computer b/c last i knew it was IE 7 or 8

Trevor

It doesn't really bother me either way... I just reword with impunity. :p

It looked cleaner back in the day, but whatever.

Trevor

IE10 was served via windows update. When it first came out, I couldn't find hardly any of my commonly used pages that worked right with it. So, I found a way to roll back to ie9.

Recently, stuff's been rendering weird in Chrome now. Maybe will retry IE10 in a vm or something.

Good luck finding a post by me that ISN'T edited. I always think of something to add, or see a grammar issue, after the fact.