Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

eCheck question

Hey guys.

Im new to the who paypal area thing... but I was wondering..

I recently just sold a laser and the payment was with an eCheck. The money wont be verified till may 24th.

Now my question is: What exactly should I do? Should I ship the buyer his item before the payment is cleared (Transaction was done with a member with "0" posts) or should I wait till the payment clears then ship? PayPal suggests waiting but is this disputable and can I lose out on money?

Any information here would be greatly appreciated! I am going to assume there are a bunch of you here who have dealt with this before.

Thanks a bunch,
Jeff

Ok thats what i figured. Good thing the post office was almost closed eh?

I suppose ill ask him if he wants a refund to pay another way or see if he wants to wait till the payment clears.

Thanks everyone. Ill pass some rep out as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Jeff

Wait for the echeck to clear.
Paypal will even tell you not to ship it. If the buyer complains, tell them to pay with an instant method next time and he won't have to wait.

PayPal Rule #1....

ALWAYS.... wait until the money is in your
PayPal account.

PayPal Rule #2....
NEVER ship anything until the money is in your
PayPal account.

PayPal Rule #3....
Refer to Rules #1 and 2.....

Jerry

rhd

Even if it wasn't a 0 post count user, I still would suggest not shipping for it to clear.

It's always possible for someone to be a legit, reputable member, and just have a problem with funds or cashflow. If you've already shipped something, and for a completely innocent reason the echeck doesn't clear, it's still stressful. Plus, what if they have some sort of unresolvable issue with their PP, it could make getting payment resent that much more difficult.

I don't think anyone, newb or vet, would be offended by you saying that you won't ship something until the payment clears. I wouldn't be offended by that.