Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ebay Seller cjy3271788

Question for everyone. I recently purchased 2 sets of these: Powerful 5mW 532nm RED Green Blue Laser Pointer PEN Fast Free Shipping | eBay

But now I'm curious to know if anyone has any insight as to what power I should expect from this seller. I was under the impression that all of these pens would be over powered until I read Pman's post: http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/how-make-your-way-overspec-5-pen-focusable-new-bonus-section-added-82902.html
In the first line of the first post he kind of contradicts what I thought to be the final word on the ebay pens.

I did a search for the seller but didn't find anything.

Almost all eBay pens 90% are over speced by at least 4 times up to twenty times luck of the draw as to which you get, ppl put them down but as my everyday laser hit i have violet, red and green putting out reliable 80mW,130mW and the green 90mW and have done since i got them well over a year ago ( i have many spares of each color around the same power output) running on -Zn-Ni 1.6 volt rechargeable batteries they don't look that great but they do the job very well

Just for continuity's sake, should someone else run a search for this seller:

Transaction went well, received the lasers yesterday and no DOA's. Lasers appeared to be in the original packaging from China inside an envelope with my shipping info. I don't have an LPM so can't talk on power output but for an average $4 each with free shipping who can complain?!

djQUAN

check out the ebay pens links in my sig. I did some LPM tests at various battery voltages so you can have a rough idea on what to expect.

Your link was an awesome read. I put some batteries in yesterday just to mkae sure they worked and noticed that one of my greens was considerably brighter and the beam was clearly visible while the other was not nearly as bright and it took a bit of fog (shower steam) to see the beam well. Both greens lose output after getting warm.

Where in tampa are you? I possibly could meter them for you depending on your where abouts

I would say likewise, but that would require me to have a decent laser.

Edit: Replied

Last edited:
Hey, you gotta start somewhere.......I started with a cheap fleabay 532nm pen that ended up being 40mW....prob was a lot more but it was abused by the time I bought a LPM.

Who knows, you might be perfect for some lasers im going to be selling soon. Trying to cut down on multiples and you are super close to me

Funny you should mention that I was just browsing the BST section. Also thinking about starting a bulid of some kind.

Pman

The comment I made about those pens was because when he started selling them out of California they had less output and built differently which did not allow you to make the lens fully adjustable.
I contacted the seller about them and he offered me ones shipped from China and those came the same way the old ones did (took almost 2 months to get them).
haven't purchased any from the seller since so it is possible that he is now selling the better show ones but I have no idea. Would sure like to know if the ones you get are like what I show in my tutorial.

Pete

Pman,

On the outside they all look similar, I'll get with LivinLoud to see if we can meter them and I'll post the findings. I want to get a build going and will attempt to pull them apart. If they are any different I'll post pictures of the process.

Pman, The pens I got are a perfect match to the ones in your tutorial. Now I'm trying to figure out if / how I'm going to remove the diode and driver since I don't have a dermel :eek:

Edit: It's just a press fit so the empty tube from a ballpoint pen did the trick! Pressed on the driver side and the diode came out after a bit of coaxing.

Last edited:

Pman

That's what I've been waiting to hear! The important thing was how the lens is or it is just too difficult to make an adjustable focus.
Someone needs to get some measurements on these.
I am going to order some and post what I find for you guys.
Just ordered 2 sets.

Last edited:
Pman,

Have you seen any reduced life or additional heat from using a 10440 in these pens? Or any other negative effects?