Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

eBay potmod 5mW

What do you want to say to me with that ?? That I'm a children that absolutly knows "nothing" about lasers? Well i know that I'm risking with that to kill a crystal but I'm trying SOMETHING i think thats the minor difference between us...

What do you want to say to me with that ?? That I'm a children that absolutly knows "nothing" about lasers? Well i know that I'm risking with that to kill a crystal but I'm trying SOMETHING i think thats the minor difference between us...

Did you understand anything that I posted above...:thinking:

You are entitled to post that you will be modifying
a 5mW eBay Laser to 800mW for $60.00 and we
are entitled to respond and post that we can not
possibly see the results you are looking for.... and
I even stated the logical reasons for it.
I understand what I posted...

I believe that is the Major difference between us....

No-one is stopping you from trying to complete your
project. We are just trying to save you some $$$.

But by all means feel free to spend it...:beer:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
Trust me it will work ,when everything is perfect that means with best glass collimators ,a glass beam expander and a good cooling (I'm thinking of DiY water cooling) and when the crystal will be cooled very good so that it will just hold on operating temperature ,everything should be great or not when not ?? than i will stop it like my RGB laser project ...

Good luck with your project...
I just can't see water cooling + Beam Expander + 800mW
of 532nm from this and a 9mm 2Watt 808nm LD.....

Green-laser-pointer-structure.jpg

I'll be waiting for your build....

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
Why not every 532nm DPSS laser is build "like" and i mean REALLY cheap green lasers they have one difference that is so important ,well you will see what i mean

If it could be done so easily, don't you think there would be more high power 532's around the forum? I think you're in what I call the, "Laser pre-madonna," phase. For example, a member builds their first high power 445, thinks they're a laser magician and can do anything (which is probably induced/amplified by friends who have never seen a high power laser), then we end up with threads like this. I'd love to see it work out as simply as you say, BELIEVE me we all would. But it won't. Not without some bigger $.

-Matt

EDIT:

445nm 1.1W in aixiz module +TEC cooling
:thinking:

Last edited:
You don't understand what TEC means ?? Thermal Electric Cooling yes i Know i could let the Last cooling away but in Germany you say "TEC Kühlung" so i just translated it and my friends hate lasers because they watch all the stuff in the TV where they are showing how dangerous lasers are ,they are not when right handled. And to the green Laser ,so my question is now the crystal can be damaged by overpowering ?? Sorry but I didn't know that I think its "solid" like "not destructable from laser energy" so a better crystal is needed for that ?

I'm well aware of what a TEC is, I have many of them in and out of builds. I was curious as to why you are actively cooling a 1.1W 445, as well as why you wrote "in aixiz module"...

As to your last 2 questions, Yes and Yes

Last edited:

It's a metaphor for saying that sometimes people have to learn the truth of advice through experience. A child may be warned not to touch a hot stove, but some only learn by actually burning themselves.

In your case, maybe you'll have to burn out a few lasers before you understand what we're warning you about. Good luck if it works out!

Things

You will NOT get anywhere near 800mW. Your crystals will burn, they will saturate, your pump diode is not powerful enough and the list goes on. Save your money and buy an actual 800mW laser. I'd be surprised if you even got any power increase before killing it.

Last edited:

Cel

You don't understand what TEC means ?? Thermal Electric Cooling yes i Know i could let the Last cooling away but in Germany you say "TEC Kühlung" so i just translated it and my friends hate lasers because they watch all the stuff in the TV where they are showing how dangerous lasers are ,they are not when right handled. And to the green Laser ,so my question is now the crystal can be damaged by overpowering ?? Sorry but I didn't know that I think its "solid" like "not destructable from laser energy" so a better crystal is needed for that ?

Look, you just lack of experience, and we know what will happen if you do that; so we are trying to warn you, or point you at the right direction.

The aixiz is in a aluminium (small) heatsink that is connected to the TEC you understand now ? :) and to the crystal OMFG are this tiny crystals expensive ! 200€ for one but it can handle upto 10W ...

The aixiz is in a aluminium (small) heatsink that is connected to the TEC you understand now ? :) and to the crystal OMFG are this tiny crystals expensive ! 200€ for one but it can handle upto 10W ...

Don't patronize me. To explain to me what an aixiz module is would be like explaining to a mechanic what a spark plug is. I'm asking WHY you wrote that your diode is in an aixiz module, 90% of the time you put your diode in a module so why tell us? Also I do not see why you would actively cool a 1.1W, using a TEC for that output level is a waste of energy IMO

Last edited:
I was using a aixiz module for the first Time all my DiY lasers was made out of other modules and I don't care about waste or not i use it 4-6 hours a day and i had the TEC laying around so i used the TEC