Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ebay 445nm?

its just a cheap Chinese knockoff. it uses a acrylic lens and plastic lens holder thats black in color and melts of you turn it on for to long. not worth it imo.

you could get a 1w from sci fi lasers for under $100 shippped and the quality will be fantastic

Last edited:
its just a cheap Chinese knockoff. it uses a acrylic lens and plastic lens holder thats black in color and melts of you turn it on for to long. not worth it imo.

you could get a 1w from sci fi lasers for under $100 shippped and the quality will be fantastic

I ordered one last week, mine should be here Saturday, I also ordered a 1.3 445 blue from Sci-fi which should be here in about a week, I know the Sci-fi is far better quality but I just wanted the eBay laser to mess with, I'll post some pics and review when it gets here,

I've got this laser, and to me it's a hell of a deal for a starter laser. It's a knockoff but it's a damn good knockoff, I've had it on for up to 5-7 minutes at a time and no issues at all. The beam is fairly visible in a light room, visible in a dark room, and VERY visible at night, shined at the sky. This thing will light matches almost instantly. Great deal to me, I've got replies on it saying its anywhere from 200mw-450mw. Just remember safety on it, laser glasses etc. Don't touch the beam obviously because it is hot and will burn you. As long as your safe and you know what youre doing, it's a nice one. :yh:

I've got this laser, and to me it's a hell of a deal for a starter laser. It's a knockoff but it's a damn good knockoff, I've had it on for up to 5-7 minutes at a time and no issues at all. The beam is fairly visible in a light room, visible in a dark room, and VERY visible at night, shined at the sky. This thing will light matches almost instantly. Great deal to me, I've got replies on it saying its anywhere from 200mw-450mw. Just remember safety on it, laser glasses etc. Don't touch the beam obviously because it is hot and will burn you. As long as your safe and you know what youre doing, it's a nice one. :yh:

I'm still happy with mine, I don't run it more than about 30 seconds or so at a time since I'm not sure what the duty cycle is but I think it maybe close to 1 watt, the only thing I haven't been able to burn is white notebook paper, it goes right through anything else,

diachi

Glad to hear your happy with your purchase!

Just to be picky - the beam isn't actually hot, but it has a lot of power which would be absorbed into your skin if you place your skin in the beam. When that power is absorbed it gets turned from light into heat, which then causes you to burn.