Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Eagle Pair 190-540nm OD6+ Laser Safety Goggles Now Available on the SL Stores

Garoq

my question is with these 6 OD goggles how much of the dot will i see for burning? I dont want it to go away completely.

You will likely see little or no green but you should be able to see some fluorescence and/or emission of other wavelengths during burning.

I have a 1.3W blue using it with a pair of no name goggles from Bang good,but now I have ordered a 4+W blue again,from SciFi-Lasers.So I think if I have to get a new,better, pair of goggles.
If I buy one of the Survival Laser goggles,which of the two you think I need?

Last edited:
I have been very happy with my OD5+ but with diodes getting stronger and the multi builds I have planned I should get a pair.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:paypal: EDIT: Ordered, OD+6 sounds good with the builds I have planned. SAFETY FIRST!

THANK YOU.

Last edited:

Garoq

The new OD6 pair will be good for what you have now and will work well with future higher powered builds. ;)

Geeker

How this goggles perform with 532nm green laser? My ebay goggles are crappy.

This is what the site says:
Eagle Pair® brand protective laser safety goggles for 190-540nm wavelength, in a 'slip over' frame style for individuals who wear corrective glasses. These goggles have exceptional visible light transmission (rated at 50%) and yet protect to a level of OD6+ (reduce the intensity of 190-540nm laser light by a factor of 1,000,000 or more). They are suitable for use with many laser wavelengths within the specified protection range including 405nm violet, 445nm blue, 520nm direct green and 532nm DPSS green lasers that DO NOT produce significant amounts of unfiltered 1064nm infrared light. These Eagle Pair goggles may be used when looking at the spot created by a 1,000 watt or lower power laser on a non-reflective surface. However, you should NEVER look directly into a laser beam or its direct reflection even when wearing laser safety goggles. Eagle Pair laser safety goggles come with a cleaning cloth and protective case. Note: These goggles are for personal use only, not for any commercial use that is regulated by OSHA.

I will be able to wear these over top of my OD+5 when I build the Blue Behemoth :eg:

Eagle Pair® 190-540nm OD6 Slip Over Laser Safety Goggles

p.s I love the visibility of the Eagle Pair orange, my OD+5 are a huge improvement over my amber glasses.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMBINED POSTS TO AVOID A DOUBLE POST
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW THAT WAS FAST!

I just ordered these the other day and here they are, and the visibility is great.

THANK YOU. :thanks:

50879d1460166299-eagle-pair-190-540nm-od6-laser-safety-goggles-now-available-sl-stores-sany0379.jpg

50882d1460167431-eagle-pair-190-540nm-od6-laser-safety-goggles-now-available-sl-stores-sany0381.jpg

50881d1460166299-eagle-pair-190-540nm-od6-laser-safety-goggles-now-available-sl-stores-sany0382.jpg

I don't wear eye glasses yet, ok sometimes drugstore low power reading glasses when I solder small stuff, getting older, and these will fit over them and they provide a fuller width of coverage than my smaller ones, these cover those tiny gaps others miss.

Attachments

• SANY0379.JPG
    SANY0379.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 229
  • SANY0382.JPG
    SANY0382.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 219
  • SANY0381.JPG
    SANY0381.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

gtokie

Shun me if you will, but i recieved my first 2-2.4w laser the other day and i dont own a pair of safety glasses. needless to say i bought a pair!!!

These glasses work great.
I'm glad you got a pair gtokie.
These are our most important tools.

BobMc

Is this usable without glasses?

Also should i get these or the OD4 30% visible light transmission goggles?

Sammaher1; your posting on a thread that's over a year old. Check the dates on the thread first. No biggie it's a common/easy mistake to make. :) Also don't really understand the question your asking? But yes if you have a class 4 laser ( over 500mw's) you need safety glasses. And it is recommended at class 3b also. Safety of Class 3B visible-beam lasers

Also you might want to make a post in the welcome thread to introduce yourself and say hi? Just thought I'd mention it, and welcome :)

Last edited:

Garoq

The goggles are a slip on design, so they go over perscription glasses. I was asking if they'd work if they're just on my eyes, not on glasses.

Yes, they will work with or without glasses.

BobMc

The goggles are a slip on design, so they go over perscription glasses. I was asking if they'd work if they're just on my eyes, not on glasses.

Thanks Garoq, as the gentleman said, yea the glasses may be a little clunkier but they should work just fine. :)

Last edited: