Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX

I decided to order some batteries and a charger from DX about 10 days ago. After looking around the forums, I figured they would arrive in 2 to 3 weeks. I was proved wrong today. The stuff was sent out last Saturday and it arrived today. That was without a shipping upgrade as far as I know. I don't think it was EMS because I didn't select that. It's great to know that I can order some stuff from DX and have it about a week later if it isn't backordered.

Thats good to know,
I'm still waiting for my DX 200 mW
ordered on 7-17-08. I just received my DX True 30 mW
ordered the same day.
I don't mind waiting for a good product at a great price!

The real slowdown with DX is the time they take to actually find and package the product. Paying extra for EMS only shaves of a few days from the actual shipping time, so it's really not worth it, as it doesn't make DX work any faster getting the actual shipment out the door.

Yeah, DX standard shipping aka HK post air mail, is a very decent mail service. After they actually get the order out the door it takes almost exactly a week to get to my house (+-1day). Have to say I am very pleased with their shipping service especially since it is free hehe

brtman

RossUK

I have nothing bad to say about DX, sure they have some trouble getting things in stock but that's probably more due to the suppliers.

Good customer support, shipping is fast (about 4 days to the UK last time I ordered something) & free, great prices... what more do you want?

RossUK said:
Good customer support, shipping is fast (about 4 days to the UK last time I ordered something) & free, great prices... what more do you want?

Quality control.

:-/

RossUK

Murudai said:
[quote author=RossUK link=1218339919/0#4 date=1218379492]

Quality control.

:-/[/quote]

This is Hong Kong we're talking about :p

I dunno, it's kind of like those forced long-term warranties that some of those countries in the EU require of computer component manufacturers. Sure, it means you can bring your broken video card back some years later, but by that time the card is worth less to you than the premium you paid for that government-mandated warranty, which you could have put towards a new card instead.

Don't get me wrong, I like quality control, but sometimes a little risk is worth the lower price, especially if you're not buying things as "keepers," and the price gives you the flexibility to just buy more things to help your odds. I love the fact that some things, like batteries, are so cheap from there that even if half of them are DOA (and that never happens), it is still more than a bargain.