Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX 200 mw dilda strange

I got mine today. I have been trying to find the proper lens position in order to burn things, light matches etc etc.The strange is that, if I want to burn something, the lens must be not perfect dot but bigger like 2cm of diameter. The laser doesn't burn things while being perfectly focused. Can some1 tell me what the f*ck is going on?

The dot should be pinpoint size in order to burn properly. BTW have you checked your batteries?

Whats the lengh of the object you try to burn, voltage.
Use an old black cloth focus on it at the distance you want replace with matches.
Use a tripod you probably hand shake like i do.
Buy goggled it help doing the right focus.
Play safe!
Enjoy!

-Greg

Whenever I wanted to burn things, I had to focus mine into a perfect dot. Can you send a picture/video of this phenomenon?

hmm. I ll try to. But when I want to burn something, the dot is not eaxtcly focused but its big dot. ????? is my dilda normal or not?

ok lads. I came noticed that when I aim at dark objects the dot needs to be the smallest in order to burn. But while being so small dark, its big enough at other bright coloured objects. Is this normal?

@digital_blue . Did you mean that the dot needed to be pinpoint while aiming at dark things?

Are you wearing safety goggles? Without them, you see scatter around the dot, making it look larger than it is.

It's probably because the dot looks bigger on lighter colored objects; it probably is actually a pin-point dot; it just looks like it's not.

When lasers are focused to have minimum divergence at long distances out of the Dilda or an Aixiz module their beam diameter is too large to burn up close. You can either have it burn up close or parallel divergence but not both. Green lasers get away with it because they have a small beam diameter at aperture.
:)
-Ronald

i've explained to him and he now understands. i ended up making this graph for him. i'm thinking of making this into a guide. stay tuned. =)

focusqs4.png

StrictlyBudget, thanks again. I understand now how focus works but its way difficult to find the exact lens position in which the laser can burn :)

daguin

Silvershot said:
StrictlyBudget, thanks again. I understand now how focus works but its way difficult to find the exact lens position in which the laser can burn :)

Are you using goggles? You should be able to "see" where and when the dot is the smallest. Where the dot is the smallest is the focal point and the best place to burn stuff at.

If you're not using goggles, you are hurting your eyes and preventing yourself from knowing where to burn. It is not the fault of the diode or lens.

Peace,
dave

I am not using professional goggles. I made my own and they seem to be working very good =]
However, if you directly point the laser to the goggles, zelatine will melt
NOTE: goggles are in fact sunglasses with 2 slices of blue zelatine.

Attachments

• 917953954972957945_003.jpg
    917953954972957945_003.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 116