Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dx 100mw labby question

glona

ok i got my dx labby it needs 5.0volts to power on and i have a wall adapter that goes at 5 volts could i solder this up and make it so i can plug into the wall?

glona

ok nad in stuff like this is black normelly negitive while red is positive cuz i just got the 2 wires but i have no idea way of noign witch is neg or pos or does it matter?

Razako

glona said:
ok nad in stuff like this is black normelly negitive while red is positive cuz i just got the 2 wires but i have no idea way of noign witch is neg or pos or does it matter?
Usually the adapter will list the polarity of the output wires. If it doesn't you can always try hooking it up both ways and see which one works.

don't you have a multimeter? or a fan or something you know the polarity of?

Razako

glona said:
wont it kill the laser if i hook it up wrong?
That depends on whether or not the laser has reverse polarity protection. If you don't want to risk it just hook the adapter up to a multimeter/LED/something else with polarity.

Razako

glona said:
but if i hookit up backwords will it kill the diode?
If you are referring to the dx 100mw red module it has a decent driver that probably has some form of reverse polarity protection.