Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Duration of afterimages?

Oh well, I'm in Madrid and we don't have "dehesas" where black pigs spend their lives exercising and eating acorn here.

So serrano ham produced in Madrid and surroundigs isn't the best of Spain. But we're pretty close to Salamanca and Extremadura and being the capital of Spain we can have highest quality ham at reasonable prices (somewhere aroud 50-60€/kilo (around 600€/piece) for "pata negras").

There are two or three places here in Madrid called "The ham museum" that are some sort of restaurants where you can admire and taste all the piggy gloriousness that Spain produces.

BTW, Is it legal to export ham to the US? I could sell some slices via LPF if it were legal... or even trade them for laser diodes!

Hell yeah, lets export some ham :crackup:

Does someone want to give me its argon for a "Pata negra"? :D

Mira nomas!! Esto muchachos se llama THREAD HIJACKING!!! LOL (funny though) Y no, es muy improbable que puedan importar jamon, especialmente despues de lo que paso con la fiebre porcina

Mira nomas!! Esto muchachos se llama THREAD HIJACKING!!! LOL (funny though) Y no, es muy improbable que puedan importar jamon, especialmente despues de lo que paso con la fiebre porcina

Bah I guess I could send vaccum-packed ham wrapped with aluminum or lead foil to avoid getting caugh by customs' dogs or RX scanners...

Every single pig killed in spain gets analized and is discarded if the vet says it's not suitable for human consumption. Even people in small villages have been analizing their home bred pigs for 40 or 50 years!

I dunno why there's such a big paranoia about spanish pork meat...

Hey deam where are you from?

Im from Mexico, Monterrey to be precise, but i grew up in tucson AZ and its where im living atm

i love the nights here, they are beautiful. Clear skies show very bright stars and the sunsets are spectacular, specially right now in monsoon season

Bah I guess I could send vaccum-packed ham wrapped with aluminum or lead foil to avoid getting caugh by customs' dogs or RX scanners...

Every single pig killed in spain gets analized and is discarded if the vet says it's not suitable for human consumption. Even people in small villages have been analizing their home bred pigs for 40 or 50 years!

I dunno why there's such a big paranoia about spanish pork meat...

I was only joking about the swine flu. i read an article a few months after that out of the hundreds that had died due to "swine flu", only about half a dozen were actually infected by it and the rest were the normal influenza virus. it was just that the people did not have the proper precautions or medical attention and died of flu and everyone started freaking out about it.
we also had a discussion in my economics class about these "pandemics" and the professor said that they are are just created by the media so that people start buying vaccines to boost up the economy

People tend to believe what the media says. We know that some are manipulated such as north korea, but who says there isnt such an effect here? even if its slight it can still be done. just like what happened in the late 1930s. where people across the country (US) listening to their radios actually believed that they were being attacked by martians... here is a link to the article

War of the Worlds Radio Broadcast

Last edited:

Chuckh

I have a 1 watt 405 laser. NEVER EVER look into the laser, never ever ever if it is turned on or has batteries in it especially. Aim it away from you when you put the cap on just in case the switch is on since it is hard to tell just by looking at it. If I have any doubts, I wear my googles or safety glasses. These lasers can blind you instantly, if you are not mindful of what they might reflect off of.

I don't use any lasers even cheap ones from the dollar store around my cat Jinx. She is a black cat as you may have imagined, a Bombay cat. I never use any lasers unless I know she is inside the house somewhere safe from the beam.

I bought a couple Eagle Pairs. One covers the green (532nm) and blue (405nm) lasers, the other is one that has blue lenses for my red one (650nm). The red one is also sold as one watt, but I have no means of testing the true power so I use them with as much care as I possibly can and turn them off if I hear an aircraft flying by (even though I do not point them up in the air). Also when using certain lasers, beware of what you can not see such as infrared.

Last edited:
I have a 1 watt 405 laser. NEVER EVER look into the laser, never ever ever if it is turned on or has batteries in it especially. Aim it away from you when you put the cap on just in case the switch is on since it is hard to tell just by looking at it. If I have any doubts, I wear my googles or safety glasses. These lasers can blind you instantly, if you are not mindful of what they might reflect off of.

I don't use any lasers even cheap ones from the dollar store around my cat Jinx. She is a black cat as you may have imagined, a Bombay cat. I never use any lasers unless I know she is inside the house somewhere safe from the beam.

I bought a couple Eagle Pairs. One covers the green (532nm) and blue (405nm) lasers, the other is one that has blue lenses for my red one (650nm). The red one is also sold as one watt, but I have no means of testing the true power so I use them with as much care as I possibly can and turn them off if I hear an aircraft flying by (even though I do not point them up in the air). Also when using certain lasers, beware of what you can not see such as infrared.

This thread is about 6 years old, it's looked down upon to bring old threads "back to life" and is known as "necroposting." Please try to post on the more recent threads if you can. :yh:

joeyss

I just want to say if you get after images lasting more then a few hours and a headache you probably damaged your eye. I had a 30 mw green go off in my eye it was a cheap pointer and i was trying to fix a lose connection . It just came on and it hit my eye this was back in 2010. I lost most of the vision in my eye along with strange headache and took 4 Advils instinctively (since it stops inflammation). My eye sight came back after 2 days. I was left with a burn mark in my vision for years but it's pretty much gone now. I got lucky you might not be as lucky.