Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Duracell 1000lm Christmas Gifts

Hey LFP,

I have some friends that I would like to buy some powerful flashlights for on Christmas this year and was wondering if anyone knew anything about the Duracell 1000 lumen flashlight from Costco for $23.52.

922241b.jpg

I didn't want to get them a generic Chinese flashlight, but I also didn't want to spend a fortune on a nice 1000 lumen build either.

So would anyone happen to have any personal experience with the flashlight?

And if anyone has some recommendations on some more low cost bright flashlights then please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

USAbro

I personally don't like the fact that it runs on (EDIT) C cells, but there may be adapters.

Last edited:
Ok, and thanks for the link!

Looks like some of the people broke their flashlights trying to use rechargeable batteries :crackup:

One of the reasons I considered this flashlight was because of the alkaline batteries it needed to run on. I didn't want to have to buy a nice flashlight for someone and then buy some rechargeable batteries and charger to go with it as well. Unless of course the flashlight, batteries and charger will be under $20-$25 total and still be of good quality.

Though, I have also considered one of Gearbest's $10 flashlights with a couple (cheaper) 16340s and a charger to go with it due to the low cost. But I haven't found any reviews on their products yet that have proven the lumen rating of their incredibly cheap flashlights after testing. And if they would even last.

So, just wondering if there were any other good deals on bright flashlights as gifts.
If $20 is too little for a super bright flashlight of decent quality then please let me know!
~700 lumens would probably be fine as well.

I go on walks at night with a friend or two once in a while and I usually bring my 1000lm flashlight ( http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/1014-lm-flashlight-review-91210.html ) with me and use it to light the path and shine at trees in the distance. I wanted to buy some bright flashlights for them as well so we all would be able to light up multiple areas on the road. I just don't want my flashlight to overpower theirs by too much or vice versa.

Last edited:
I have actually looked at a few reviews on the flashlight at some other sites but I haven't read the reviews on amazon yet.
And thanks for the link!

Edit: looks like all the reviews are 4 or 5 stars. Found that interesting.
Guess as long as my friends don't load rechargeable batteries, it should be fine.

Looks like there are a lot of problems with the power dimming with constant use. I would assume it would be because of overheating.

Last edited:
silver I just did a review for gearbest on the cofly kx-055 and its a good thousand lumes flash light that runs on a single 18650 has twenty seven different zooms and five modes. high medium and low sos and strobe and I have a coupon that takes it from 28 bucks to 10.99 CoflyKXCM is the coupon code on check out. I really like the light there is pictures on the review section of lpf

Edit: looks like all the reviews are 4 or 5 stars. Found that interesting.

I don't really believe many reviews on websites that sell things anymore. More and more of them are becoming fabricated. Some companies are paying people to give good reviews even if they never bought said item. Take a look at wicked lasers for one example of fabricated reviews.

Ok guys I bought a flashlight on amazon. Despite the brand I have heard great things about this flashlight
Edit: Yes I realize this isn't 1600lumens

Last edited:
have a look here----for a USA source they offer a huge selection of flashlights---the other choice is of course Chinese web sites.

Flashlights LED INCANDESCENT HID World's widest selection! Surefire, Inova, Streamlight, Fenix, Olight & many more!

I don't like battery junction. I bought something from them and learned later they removed items from my package then tried to sell me them to make the product work. The stole the cable to attach the charger and told me it that's how they are from the factory......but Amazon reviews all show that cable/item part of the package. I was like really a battery charger without a way to power it?

USAbro

I don't really believe many reviews on websites that sell things anymore. More and more of them are becoming fabricated. Some companies are paying people to give good reviews even if they never bought said item. Take a look at wicked lasers for one example of fabricated reviews.
Agreed on many Chinese websites, but I'm pretty sure Amazon doesn't do that.

silver I just did a review for gearbest on the cofly kx-055 and its a good thousand lumes flash light that runs on a single 18650 has twenty seven different zooms and five modes. high medium and low sos and strobe and I have a coupon that takes it from 28 bucks to 10.99 CoflyKXCM is the coupon code on check out. I really like the light there is pictures on the review section of lpf

That's cool. I added the flashlight, charger and 18650 battery to the cart and it came out to be about $24 with the coupon. It would be cheap enough for me.

I also considered this flashlight on gearbest because of the already built in battery and phone charger: SingFire SF-349 Torch Cree XM-L2 5-Mode 900lm Highlight LED White USB Rechargeable Flashlight (1 x 18650 Battery)-17.77 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

The coupon code brings it down to $13: GBSF349CM
It claims the output to be 900 lumens with a Cree xm-l2 led but one could only find out by testing.
Would you recommend this one as well?

Last edited: