Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DTR's Laser Shop - Laser Diodes & More

Hey Jordan thanks for the extra goodies! No big deal on the late shipping I don't mind I have several different parts on order that I am
Still waiting on anyway. I just ordered a driver from you just now for a heads up and always thanks for what you do. And guys I should have 3 new lasers to show off soon!

DTR

Hey Jordan thanks for the extra goodies! No big deal on the late shipping I don't mind I have several different parts on order that I am
Still waiting on anyway. I just ordered a driver from you just now for a heads up and always thanks for what you do. And guys I should have 3 new lasers to show off soon!

Going out today.:beer:

Last edited:

Taymar

Hey @DTR (or anyone) - please could you help me out with which pin should get positive voltage on the NUB M44 v2 diode? I've removed the leads to extend and stupidly didn't take a photo before hand. Not sure I trust my multimeter. Thank you very much. (Image attached).

Also please could you tell me which of the lenses in the second picture is the G2? I've ordered G2 lenses twice and they were not the same (one on the left looks like it has multiple elements, one on the right doesn't). thanks!

Attachments

• nub.jpg
    nub.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 8
  • lenses.jpg
    lenses.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

DTR

Here you go. Just about every diode with the exception of the PLT5 510 that I have in stock at the moment will work with this pinout. Ignore the case pin on the NUB/NUG diodes and use the notches to orientate.:)
PHR803Tpins[1].gif

Taymar

Awesome, thanks ever so much! @DTR Just edited my post with a second question right as you replied - if you have a minute would you mind telling me which lens is the G2 please?

edit: This is for a cnc laser cutter by the way, since I assume different lenses have different uses. Thanks again!

Here you go. Just about every diode with the exception of the PLT5 510 that I have in stock at the moment will work with this pinout. Ignore the case pin on the NUB/NUG diodes and use the notches to orientate.:)
View attachment 61985

Attachments

• lenses.jpg
    lenses.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 6
All of the current 9 mm diodes have the same pinout. A good way to remember is from your own photo. Right is red, +, Left is bLack, -.

Jordan, I received the NDB7675 in the module today. It didn't have the return label with it like you said it would. How would you like me to proceed?

DTR

Jordan, I received the NDB7675 in the module today. It didn't have the return label with it like you said it would. How would you like me to proceed?

I guess I did not specify the delivery methods for the swap diode and for a shipping label. For labels I always send via email in the original PDF format. Just print and stuff in the pouch after you seal the package back up with the unit you are swapping. That way the customer can print when they are ready. With a single copy of a printed one the customer can loose it, damage it or mix it up with the origonal and put it back in the mail. Via eamil they can print as many as they like and when they are redy so no need to remember where they put it.:)

Shoot you one in the morning. Got to go down for a bit. Finished setting up the workshop with the new power rising desk. Finally I can be organized and go at full speed. Had everything all over the place and every five minutes I was trying to find something. Was driving me nuts. Send some pics in the morning but here is the nice unit which I added to what I had already which I have given to Eugene to work at.
https://www.fully.com/standing-desks/l-shaped/jarvis-l-shaped-standing-desk.html
Hey @DTR

Also please could you tell me which of the lenses in the second picture is the G2? I've ordered G2 lenses twice and they were not the same (one on the left looks like it has multiple elements, one on the right doesn't). thanks!
The G-2 is the one on the Right in the brass barrell. The end with the lens goes toward the diode and the end with the slots facing out.:)

DTR

Paul let me know you got. Sent it over the weekend but did not hear back. Really was interested in any observations on the diode sourced though the gray market and the projector pull.

Have a lot of organizing still to do but things are coming together. This desk is great. My last work surface was fixed and had me bending over some. This is so much better after long periods. In sitting position I keep just under arm height and stand after sitting for long periods for 15-20.

Here is my soldering setup. Have 10 of these magnetic alligator clips so I can production units to speed up.

Looks like a fantastic workbench - Envious of that amount of space :) Those gas soldering pens are making me wince a bit - can't stand them myself for bench work - and even if I'm doing stuff out in the field, or on my car - I use a TS-100 with a little battery pack. Each to their own though...

Those magnetic helping hands look brilliant - I'll have to see about finding some for my own little workbench.

DTR

Yea I have been using them for years and love the freedom compared to a wired electric and I could not afford it if I forgot to charge a battery or ran out of juice during a long session. I can solder for a few hours at a time depending on the. I think what throws most off is the learning curve for how to regulate temp with one of these. I have been using them so long I don't even think about it I just know. Mostly by sound and knowing how far to turn it down after the preheat which is really quick compared to electric. It is ready to go in I would say 15 maybe 20 seconds.

Yea I have been using them for years and love the freedom compared to a wired electric and I could not afford it if I forgot to charge a battery or ran out of juice during a long session. I can solder for a few hours at a time depending on the. I think what throws most off is the learning curve for how to regulate temp with one of these. I have been using them so long I don't even think about it I just know. Mostly by sound and knowing how far to turn it down after the preheat which is really quick compared to electric. It is ready to go in I would say 15 maybe 20 seconds.

On 19VDC, my TS100 will heat from 0-330C in just under 15 seconds, and it's temperature controlled, so there's no learning curve - it's a nifty bit of kit. Fair enough about the want to be cordless though - there's not really a good electric solution for wireless operation.

DTR

Yea I can't deal with the cludder of cords and the restriction of movement. Always thinking about which way I can turn and not snagging the cord as I go down the line of units.

Anyway I have a new lens. Single element, 4.7mm, broadband coated and makes a very very clean output. Will Call it the DTR-G-3. I ran out of time so will have to put up some power testing tonight if I get time. It has a smaller aperture so may be some clipping but it is pretty close to the aperture of the diode where the beam is not very wide. Here is what I did have time to do. Comparison shots are two NUBM44 units one with the DTR-G-2 and one with DTR-G-3.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice workshop, Jordan!

Good news, it's nice to see a new lens in the inventory.
The DTR G-3 is the top dot (line) in each of the comparisons, correct?