Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DTR Shop

I understand that DTR, AKA Jason is out of pocket. Who is minding the store?

I needed some help something and sent email to info@....
which is the email address on the site.

Is this correct?

You can try contacting Jordan but I think he's not available these days, Augie is doing the assembly and mailing but I don't think he has time for questions either, what are you working on maybe we can help ?

We just moved and I don't have a good setup yet for soldering...so I was trying to get Augie to put some leads on a diode and drivers. Jordan did not reply to my email. However, I don't know if Augie can invoice me for the list of stuff. That is ok...I will just have to put my work place together.

Have you ever ordered things from either United Nuclear or Information Unlimited? I want a big ass Tesla Coil!

No but ebay has a lot of the same stuff at a better price, get a ZVS with flyback to play with and a Marx generator.

You can try contacting Jordan but I think he's not available these days, Augie is doing the assembly and mailing but I don't think he has time for questions either, what are you working on maybe we can help ?
I was out for around a year, what happened to Jordan? or is it personal stuff that shouldnt be discussed? thanks Red :)

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Do you think DTR has fatigue from running the shop for so long? That would be my best guess.

I really have no idea. I have been away myself for quite a while. I had written to Jordan in 2019 and did not hear back from him which is unusual. I tried the info@ email address but have not heard from anyone. I just hope Jordan is ok.

Imagine you are selling parts people want and now you have 1000 new friends who want to ask you questions, How do I do this ?, How can I make that ?, What's your favorite laser beam color ? Why is it always getting snagged in my zipper ?.......I imagine a guy wouldn't have any time to sleep trying to hold 1000 hands every day.......but that's just my speculation.

There have been times I had to special order something. So, I would make a list and he would invoice me. We are not taking about idle chit chat but placing an order. I am probably giving my age away but I traditionally only do business with companies that answer the phone. This is different, obviously. But Jordan has not been on the Forum either. Just hope he is ok

I also hope he is well.

---edit---
If you need to talk to someone about a special order and can't get an answer from Augie who is taking care of the orders for DTR/Jordan you can always try another vendor, Smackitup sells a lot of the same stuff and does custom work IINM

Last edited:
He updated his website with a new diode on March 9 and I bought a diode from him a few months ago.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The man has been a rock to this forum, so he needs to look after himself if he is experiencing difficulties. I know he has hired staff.

The man has been a rock to this forum, so he needs to look after himself if he is experiencing difficulties. I know he has hired staff.
I agree, The DTR Laser Shop is still a great and reliable place for your laser-related needs, it's still the first place I go for diodes, diode drivers, copper laser diode modules, and lenses!

Last edited:
Jordan has been a real asset to our community and he was spending more time helping people with their questions/projects than running his shop, it comes down to how much one person can do in a day plus everything else life throws at us on top of that, I hope he is well and lets face it, the guy really deserves a break.