Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dropped my laser from 10 feet onto concrete...

Is this one of those Viasho handhelds?

-Trevor

No, i bought it off ebay. It's the toplaser brand. I don't think they make them anymore, but they seem to be rugged...

edit: i think it's the same case as rayfoss's, but it actually puts out at least 250mw green when an ir filter is added. [the beam can be seen in a room lit up by 3 60watt bulbs] I know i paid a little much, $560 [8 months ago], but i think i got what i paid for, with the drops and all.

Last edited:

With all the abuse you have given it, I am truly amazed it is still in a condition to laze. I would totally agree with you that in hindsite, the money was very well spent! But dropping it that often, I think I would cry :cryyy:

Okay, you found me out. But really, does it matter? Arguing on the internet is pointless anyway. I'm here to talk about lasers and electronics.

Hey Proxy, are those U-238 isotopes listed in your sig. ? Seems I remember some of those numbers from college chem. (high school too)...............or are they just Periodic table numbers in reverse ?

Trevor

Hey Proxy,

I see what you did there. :whistle:

are those U-238 isotopes listed in your sig. ? Seems I remember some of those numbers from college chem. (high school too)...............or are they just Periodic table numbers in reverse ?

It's the decay of U-238.

-Trevor

I've dropped my laser a few times - luckily nothing broke - would hate to have to pay out for another, just finished paying off my current laser:thinking:

Some one should make and sell custom fit laser cases. Not like a case to carry it around it but like and Iphone case but for a laser. I would buy one.

I've dropped my laser a few times - luckily nothing broke - would hate to have to pay out for another, just finished paying off my current laser:thinking:

This thread is over a year old. We frown on necroposting here. Unless you have some new information to add to the thread, please dont bump old threads.