Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dropped my laser from 10 feet onto concrete...

And all my lenses fell out. In the process of cleaning, aligning, jbweld-ing.

It still lases though. Woot Idk how many times i dropped this thing.

Anything like this ever happen to you?

Last edited:

i should, but i probably wont. A problem though was i super glued the threads last time i adjusted it, so i had to use a pipe wrench and a vice to get it apart. It's scratched up really bad now. Any ideas on making it look better? I was thinking just using a lathe to cut some alu off...

Last edited:
make a wriststrap. or something of the like. like a lighter lease for lasers. wow i think ill make one.

Exerd

i should, but i probably wont. A problem though was i super glued the threads last time i adjusted it, so i had to use a pipe wrench and a vice to get it apart. It's scratched up really bad now. Any ideas on making it look better? I was thinking just using a lathe to cut some alu off...

NEVER SUPER GLUE LASER PARTS

Big mistake.

Super glue vapors will coat lenses.

How about a magnetic strap that goes on your wrist or around the middle of your hand?

10 feet fall into concrete, yikes, I think your lucky, lasers are more fragile than our phones today.

Benm

10 feet is quite a drop, you're lucky it still works. How did you manage to drop it from that height any?

I've had them roll off a table a couple of times, no damage from that so far, but 10 feet... i'd have to throw it up ;p

10 feet is quite a drop, you're lucky it still works. How did you manage to drop it from that height any?

I've had them roll off a table a couple of times, no damage from that so far, but 10 feet... i'd have to throw it up ;p

Second story window...

I hope you don't have like some sort of undiagnosed nerve problem. I mean, it's just bizarre to drop things that frequently. Especially expensive/delicate things.... even more so if it's happening in situations where you'd think you'd be gripping it harder say when it's dangling out a window.

I hope you don't have like some sort of undiagnosed nerve problem. I mean, it's just bizarre to drop things that frequently. Especially expensive/delicate things.... even more so if it's happening in situations where you'd think you'd be gripping it harder say when it's dangling out a window.

Nah, i just have butterfingers.