Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Driving pet peeves or things that irritate h e double hockeys sticks outta you

Mine is distracted driving typically with cellphones ( which is a major offense under the motor vehicle act--right up there with intoxicated driving / DUI) in Canada. This law doesn't do anything to curb the problem especially in Vancouver.
Another pet peeve is bicyclists zipping through crosswalks when there is a walk light and people crossing.

Razako

People who go under the speed limit in good driving conditions and create a giant backup of cars behind them. You'll have an entire 3 lane road get screwed up by some 80 year old guy who's cruising along in his old Buick doing 30 in a 40 zone. All the cars behind him need to change lanes and that screws up the other lanes too.

I also get exceptionally mad at people who unnecessarily stop for lights just so they can text. I'll watch the guy in front of me intentionally not make the light (And cause me to not make the light by extension) then I see him immediately look down at his lap while stopped at the light. I give people who do this some good honks.

People who drive fast cars exceptionally slowly. Why buy a Mustang GT/Audi/Challenger/etc to drive under the speed limit and accelerate from a green light at the rate of a prius.

Last edited:

diachi

People who go under the speed limit in good driving conditions and create a giant backup of cars behind them. You'll have an entire 3 lane road get screwed up by some 80 year old guy who's cruising along in his old Buick doing 30 in a 40 zone. All the cars behind him need to change lanes and that screws up the other lanes too.

I also get exceptionally mad at people who unnecessarily stop for lights just so they can text. I'll watch the guy in front of me intentionally not make the light (And cause me to not make the light by extension) then I see him immediately look down at his lap while stopped at the light. I give people who do this some good honks.

People who drive fast cars exceptionally slowly. Why buy a Mustang GT/Audi/Challenger/etc to drive under the speed limit and accelerate from a green light at the rate of a prius.

Agreed on the driving under the speed limit. But also, people that driver over the speed limit but then don't speed up when the limit increases, or slow down when the limit increases for whatever reason. See that constantly here, people driving 50km/h in a 45 and then staying at 50 or slowing down to 45 when it changes to 60.

I'm not sure where to begin. Talking with hands looking back at passengers to get eye contact and say ya know handing a cell phone around left blinker on doing between 60 and 85 depending on whether a car is try to pass them. Describes 75% of Palm Beach and Miami Dade county.

I thunk of another. While proceeding down a road I see a car to my right that is in a damn hurry to get into traffic and after they do, take their good ol' time slowing everybody behind them. Why? Are they concerned that they miss something if they wait?

Now now, you're gonna be old one day and some youngster is gonna say "hey gramps, drive or get off the #@%$ road. Old people sheesh. ;-)

Considerable savings on gas used I'd say. Gas costs $.

Last edited:

Jhop

I cant stand when people don't use signals, esp if I am waiting to pull out onto a road and they are coming, then turn in before they get to me with no signal.

Another I hate is people that are afraid to pull out into traffic. Where I work is in an industrial type complex and there is a exit road from it that leads to the main road, and almost everyday there is like 5-10 cars lined up waiting to pull out into traffic because some dimwit doesnt have the balls in their usually less than 5 year old car to pull out into traffic. And there is a red light just to the right of this driveway, so lots of chances to pull out. Luckily there is a burger king on this corner with a driveway back on the road i am coming out of work on, and another driveway to the main road. So I go through the BK lot all the time to get into traffic sooner. Days I have seen only 2 or 3 cars waiting to turn and think, oh i'll wait too, and not go through the BK lot I ALWAYS regret it, and end up sitting there for like 10mins+ because the jackass at the front of the line is too chicken shit to pull out. And it is a right turn! Right into a red light!

I drive a slightly older jeep liberty, (2007) and its not as fast as it used to be so on the freeways I usually keep it around 75mph, and stay in the middle lane. What boggles the mind is when someone flies up on your ass when they have a perfectly good passing lane to go around you but they don't. Or they get over into the left lane and then don't speed up and instead maintain the same speed as you. wtf! then they get people lining up on their ass.

Also annoying is when you are stopping at a light, and people stop with 2+ car lengths between them and the next car. wtf! pull up! Don't you know where the front of your car ends?

Also i get annoyed on normal roads(non freeway) that are say 35-45mph, and im usually always going almost 5 over and you get the jackass that has to go like 15 over get right on your ass. I'll slow down to like 1mph over the limit so they get the point, and if its a 2 lanes, and I see them coming up too fast expecting to slip around me and the car in the other lane ill get up to about the speed of the lane car next to me, so we form a barrier for mr speed demon to get stuck behind. If its not too extreme to do so.

Roundabouts! fuck I have had people come to a stop IN THE MIDDLE. What the actual fuck batman! And if you are going straight thru the roundabout to the other side, use the outer lane! not the inner lane! that is for the people turning to the left! what if a jackass is in the outer lane and decides to turn left and your next to him and try to go straight? BAM. Luckily i only have one roundabout on my work route.

Ugh I have been driving for near 20 years now, and am pretty good at it, ive only been in 1 minor accident, and it wasnt my fault.
And that was over 7 years ago now. It was a very foggy night And i was driving my at the time GF to work(She worked midnights at a retirement home-CNA)anyway We are traveling down a 4 lane road(2 one direction, turn lane, two other direction) So I am in the left lane and come up on a old caddy going about 20mph in a 55mph, granted it was foggy, but it was a long straight road, and i was going like 35-45. So I used my signal, got to the right lane, to go around the slowpoke, and then BAM she merged right into me and pushed us both off the road. it was an older lady, in one of the huge steel body Cadillacs, and I was in my jeep liberty. She messed up the whole left side of my jeep, but it was drivable, luckily. This was at about 11pm. Took the damn police over an hour to show up, my gf was late for work, and i had to work at 7am the next day. Anyway I explained it all to the cop, and then went and talked to her, and then gave her a ticket, let me go. Sheesh

Last edited:
I've encountered people stopped on slip roads several times. Completely stopped.

Another one is pedestrians walking down the middle of the road in a parking lot or some such, move over! I know you can hear me, my truck sounds like a tank coming down the road.

It happens , i've seen it a few times on busy motor ways or slip roads that are very short . Heh its always like that in Tesco's car park .

Guess things don't bug me that much anymore , only driven for four years but two weeks after passing I was working in London so it was a steep learning curve

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Driving in London is a nightmare. I'm glad I haven't done it myself. No wonder you are used to it all if you started out there so early on. :p

diachi

It happens , i've seen it a few times on busy motor ways or slip roads that are very short . Heh its always like that in Tesco's car park .

Guess things don't bug me that much anymore , only driven for four years but two weeks after passing I was working in London so it was a steep learning curve

My road rage is getting worse with some of the stupidity I see here. My girlfriend finds it funny because I go back to full on Scottish every time.

Learned quick as well, drove from Glasgow to UKLEM two weeks after passing my test there.

My first time driving in Canada was a 1700km round trip, 9 hours each way.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Full on Scottish! :crackup: She should film it, i'd love to see. :D

Jhop

Full on scottish, lol. I am Irish/German, so I get a bit of a temper sometimes as well. I took my drivers ed during the month of December in Michigan, and there was about 2 feet of snow on the ground, fun times. Learned fast.