Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DragonLasers 5mw blue laser $429.99

Damn. They keep getting cheaper all the time. When I got my Aquarius 5, it was priced at something like $700. I got it in the group buy for $545, and thought I was getting a steal.

In retrospect (looks at sig), I did, but that's not the point here. lol

VW

The 10mW's still way over priced if you ask me. $70 more for an extra 10mW blue with the Spartan BP 20mW, doesn't make sense to me...

i'll pass on the blue lasers until they come down closer to the price of greens in a few years

Razako

rocketparrotlet said:
[quote author=laserlover link=1220932859/0#7 date=1221796063]i'll pass on the blue lasers until they come down closer to the price of greens in a few years

Agreed. Why are they so expensive, anyway?

-Mark[/quote]
Because they are a relatively new technology and they are highly inefficient and hard to make. Years ago a simple 5mw green would cost you hundreds of dollars. In the next few years you can probably expect the price of blues to drop even more.

Is true that you could get a freak 803T diode which is practically blue but only cost you however much for the sled <$30. :eek:
Sorry this might be a silly question, i only just joined.
thanks.

Err... I don't think so. 803T diodes are around 405nm, which looks more violetish. "Real" blue lasers are usually 473nm (DPSS blue) or 488nm (argon blue).

It is true that 803T diodes varies in wavelength tho. One may be 402nm or so, while another may be 409nm. This actually affects the visibility of the laser pretty much, even if it's not much of a difference.

But I highly doubt that it would vary so much that the wavenength goes above 450nm, which is about where the blue area of the spectrum begins (I think).

Welcome to the forum BTW! :)

LazerGuy said:
Err... I don't think so. 803T diodes are around 405nm, which looks more violetish. "Real" blue lasers are usually 473nm (DPSS blue) or 488nm (argon blue).

It is true that 803T diodes varies in wavelength tho. One may be 402nm or so, while another may be 409nm. This actually affects the visibility of the laser pretty much, even if it's not much of a difference.

But I highly doubt that it would vary so much that the wavenength goes above 450nm, which is about where the blue area of the spectrum begins (I think).

Welcome to the forum BTW! :)

430 is about the lower limit for true blue.

Have you ever seen those blue yard lights, the mercury vapor lamps? If not, go outside and look for one, they're pretty common. The primary emission of those lamps is at 435nm.