Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragon Lasers

Laq said:
the fact that you order a laser from another country, like Canada, US, or UK,, is just to get around bad reputation by china roots. however its probably just imported from there, and stacked in those country's before shipped out. no higher or lower quality than buying it straight from china in the first place i think.

1. Hopefully, your banking that the US or Canada agent has already weeded through the bad companies to deal with and in order to protect their own reputation, only deal in good stuff.

2. Its also nice to be able to pick up a phone to correspond.

3. Mail isn't so risky.

4. Not to mention, its nice to know your "really" communicating and on the same page as the other person speaks good English.

5. Nor are RMA's such a potential nightmare.

6. All else fails, its nice to know you have an arm of the law that can "will" touch them if things were to ever get out of hand.

But DL is an excellent company considering the work practices of many of the companies coming out of China.

Laq

True, i agree with you on all those points. It would make them even more trustworthy to first time buyers by taking all doubt away.

But indeed, they compensate by always replying really fast, and having a regulary online chat available at their site.

It would definitly give them a huge plus when they add phone support, and maybe an international mailbox for returns (redirect mailbox)

Who knows ::) maybe in the future the come to decide on implementing those extra service features.

Even a US distributor would help, but it would probably raise the price.

All in all, they have built a pretty good reputation for themselves which takes away allot of fear.

It sounds like some folks have had issues with their truthfulness, but not sure on what points.

One thing I didn't like is when I asked them to handpick one for me because I had no intentions of playing the game of shipping back and forth half way around the world over and over until I got a good one, thier reply was "the boss won't let us do that".

I understand they can't hand pick "everyones", but the truth of the matter is that quality control should have already "hand picked" all of them so that no matter which one you order, you can rest assured that it will be a good one.

Seems that they may do that pretty well since I rarely read about any complaints of problems.

It would not be fair to expect them to hand pick a "hot" one.... mine rates at the specs it was bought for..... 125mw... and it does a very good job.

I've been playing with mine for several months now and it still works perfect.

I have a video of burning 7 matches at one sitting, starting from about 8 inches away up to 2 feet at the last thats posted here in some of the older archieves.

Thats pretty impressive considering the hardest burn was at the last!!!, but as I reviewed the video, I screeched as I realized I had the laser on for a full 2 minutes!... opps!,,, time flys when your having fun!!!

It didn't seem to hurt it at all.

Here's a fresh link to that video:

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k...ragon laser/?action=view&current=85870b41.pbr

Heres popping a balloon at 10 feet in about one second
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k...ew&current=Dragon_pops_balloon_at_10_feet.flv

This one is just scary.. popping a balloon instantly upon impact:
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k...w&current=Dragon_pops_balloon_at_6_inches.flv

Laq

Thats a nice video indeed. I made some as well with my DL 125, but haven't put them online yet. Maybe this weekend . It has the same kind of results on burning power as the one you display in your video.

The 2 minute run should not damage the laser i think, however testing to its max. would be a waste if you kill it by doing that.

I crossed the line of several minutes in a row as well,.. when skypointing, but its still the same quality of output since the moment i bought it.

BTW, just noticed they added a phone number on dragonlasers.com/support (i not allowed to post links, got an error and had to type this post all over :-/ )

Its long distance, but at least its a step forward in buying with confidence.
Phone: +86 0431 8762 9616

Laq

NO LINK ALLOWED

This one is very cool to see, like a gun.
I never popped balloons with mine before, just because i didnt have them and still no time to buy them. however i did got a sort alike result with a match when trying to burn it at approx.. 1,5 feet. the moment i pushed the button, it lit. practicly instant :eek:

That was one of my first burning tests so i was surprised and shocked by the beast that was just delivered by the nice mailman ;D

Laq said:
NO LINK ALLOWED

This one is very cool to see, like a gun.
I never popped balloons with mine before, just because i didnt have them and still no time to buy them. however i did got a sort alike result with a match when trying to burn it at approx.. 1,5 feet. the moment i pushed the button, it lit. practicly instant :eek:

That was one of my first burning tests so i was surprised and shocked by the beast that was just delivered by the nice mailman ;D

LOL!,.. I'm not sure if you picked up by looking at that video that I too was surprised when it went off!... I had a little more pressure on the button than I thought and instantly "Pow!".... the effect was perfect so I kept it as a video!

I feel better knowing others have had perfect relations with DL, i was kinda worried about ordering form china, with what they are doing down in Africa and such, and some people not liking what China is up to.

Though its coming through USPS, id also be worried about that employee working late that is like "Look, a package form china, its see how far i can kick it!" LOL (not too likely to happen though)

DL packages their product well and my DL95 is well built.I do recommend them. They confirmed shippment of mine within two hours and I received it 5 days later.

Mike

Laq

I feel better knowing others have had perfect relations with DL, i was kinda worried about ordering form china, with what they are doing down in Africa and such, and some people not liking what China is up to.

Though its coming through USPS, id also be worried about that employee working late that is like "Look, a package form china, its see how far i can kick it!" LOL (not too likely to happen though)

I really don't think you have to worry about that. I rarely heard of post office employees purposely kicking packages from china.. (i mean , why would they???) and second, DL offers a guarantee on delivery of your laser. even when its confiscated in a routine check at the douane or border controls. so i really don't think you have to worry about that.

I heard many others that had the same experience with DL as i had with them.. and all positive. The only downside could be if you got a defective laser, you have to send it back to China on own expenses (about 25 dollar or 20 euros) but it will still be worth it i think.