Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragon Lasers

M

Mac

GuoLi 28G, GuoDu Garden
BaoAn South Road, LuoHu
ShenZhen 518001, China

fail you, probably not
at least less chance than if you were to buy from wicked lasers

WatchDragon said:
ack, is it gonna be "made in china" quality laser thats gonna fail on me?

DL is not China crap.. they have amongst the highest reputation for anything out of China.. I"m very impressed with my DL 125 and the shipping time as well considering where it came from!

I would always rather not take the risk with customes when possible and buy from the US or Canada, but I took a chance and I would do it again with DL... no problems!

windstrings said:
[quote author=WatchDragon link=1184633623/0#3 date=1184634279]ack, is it gonna be "made in china" quality laser thats gonna fail on me?

DL is not China crap.. they have amongst the highest reputation for anything out of China.. I"m very impressed with my DL 125 and the shipping time as well considering where it came from!

I would always rather not take the risk with customes when possible and buy from the US or Canada, but I took a chance and I would do it again with DL... no problems![/quote]

DL IS China crap. The laser model themselves (CNI black/gold) are very reliable with a good reputation that is tried and true. DL themselves, however, are a bunch of lying scammers, and "125mW" coming from DL means to me as much as "like new" does from a used car-salesman.

Could be... all I know is I ordered the Gold/black CNI 125mw and am a happy camper!

Are you saying that as long as you order that one model from them your ok or that its a risk ordering anything from them?

windstrings said:
Could be... all I know is I ordered the  Gold/black CNI 125mw and am a happy camper!

Are you saying that as long as you order that one model from them your ok or that its a risk ordering anything from them?

The actual lasers they offer are all very high quality, decent lasers from my past experiences with them (except perhaps the blue Aurora ones). My beef is with the power ratings, which are not going to be accurate/true/honest on all the products they send out.

Ah!.. I did communicate with them to make sure to give me a good one as I would be communicating their products online quite vocally!.... LOL!

They couldn't guarantee anything "or wouldn't" but what I got is a winner... it does everything my herc does.. just not near as far or fast, but its very surprising for such a little guy.

My DL95 is the one I carry for show. It outs 121 mW and stays above 110 mW within the limits of aaa Lithium cells. I highly recommend !!!

Mike

I figured a 55mW name brand would be way better than my Ebaser, and a good benchmark to see if i want to get something more or from someone else.

I saw windstring's story about the 4th, it really made me laugh when his friend called him about it. Though i don't have that much to spend on a herc, we will see whats what.

Laserglow is out of my price range, and from the poll in general chat, i made a choice to go with Dragon Laser *crossing fingers*

You should like it... the DL 95 often performs as well as the 125 "or very close" as reported by many.... if you could at least afford that one, you would see a difference in your match burning, balloon popping abilities.

The 125mw is about the most power you can get in such a small size without lucking out and getting a freak laser or going with a bigger unit.

IN other words.. most of the 125mw's run right around that power while the 95's are ofter hot for their rating... at least thats what I've read in the past... I'm sure someone can comment on more current info.

Rhith

I'm not sure about DragonLasers but I know NovaLasers write on the box the average and peak outputs! I have not bought anything from NL yet though, but they ahve been friendly when answering questions and emails about their products. It may be $15-50 more than DL but they seem like a great company. I don't want to sound like I'm bashing DL but I just haven't delt with them or have heard as many good things about them.

The main thing I don't like is their in China.. you can't just call an chit chat and inquire and even get to know people by seeking them out and building a relation.

They did respond to my emails well however.

Laq

I have a 55mW and a 125mW ordered from DL.
Both times, they were great in communication (online chat and mail) and shipped out very fast.

my 55mW peaks at 78mW and has a stable average output of 61mW over 30 sec.
the 125mW peaks at 134mW and has a stable average of exactly 126mW over 30 sec.

Never ordered from other companys, so i can only give my opinion about DL.

The fact they are based in China is probably working against their good name, because of the crappy laser that are famous from being imported from there. However DL is the quality part amongs all crappy laser manufacturers.

the fact that you order a laser from another country, like canada, US, or UK,, is just to get around bad reputation by china roots. however its probably just imported from there, and stacked in those countrys before shipped out. no higher or lower quality than buying it straight from china in the first place i think.