Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DPSS Theoretical Wavelengths V2

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I last updated my wavelength chart from the original thread. (old thread)

The project was in need of a more stable storage area, as well as an update... so now it's all being moved into google docs!

I'm still working on editing it-- adding new pages and whatnot... but here it is.

Link!

--

Planned additions:
Nd:YVO4 page (should be done tonight)
Abnormal DPSS wavelengths page (Pr:pAYAC, tunables, stuff like that)
Forms
  • Search for possible originating crystals
  • Search for lines emitted by crystals
  • SFG calculator

--
What I want to know...

Any comments/suggestions?

Is it possible to have it as an open document? Google is asking for a password.

Also, there are some WL's that were made decades ago, but aren't actively pursued.

For instance, when a ruby laser is focused on a quartz sample, you can get frequency doubling to occur, resulting in 347nm :)

Hm. Changed the settings a little. It should work now--

And that is one of the problems with the old version. There are just simply values on that chart that mean absolutely nothing--

Last edited:
Still needs a password..

Yeah, there were a large amount of wavelengths in the grid that weren't real, but mostly theoretical, which was the point of its genesis to begin with.

Is it possible to have it as an open document? Google is asking for a password.

Also, there are some WL's that were made decades ago, but aren't actively pursued.

For instance, when a ruby laser is focused on a quartz sample, you can get frequency doubling to occur, resulting in 347nm :)

I have a question for you. How would you protect your eyes from experimenting with creating WL's? Experimenting with DPSS is something I'm VERY interested in, but without knowing what WL you will get how do you choose your eye-pro?

SKeeZ

As I read your document it can be a little hard to read in the mass of numbers in the 2nd quadrant.

I have a question for you. How would you protect your eyes from experimenting with creating WL's? Experimenting with DPSS is something I'm VERY interested in, but without knowing what WL you will get how do you choose your eye-pro?

you WILL know in which area the wavelength will be based on the mirrors orientation of the crytals and frequency doubler you chose.

So you can take either yellow and near IR | red and near IR or blue/green and near IR protection

DPSS experimenting sounds cool. BUT don't think it's easy the efficiency changes with a few micrometer difference you won't be able to make stuff like a CNI 500mW 532nm and wavelengths that have a low theoretical efficiency like 3% for 589nm or 473nm you will not get till you've have serious equipement worth several good DPSS handhelds in this wavelengths.

Last edited:
It really shouldn't need a password to get in...
Settings
>
"Public on the web - Anyone on the Internet can find and view"

--

That aside, I do plan on making that form with the "other" stuff like the ruby system you mentioned.

--

Updating tables throughout the evening.

--

While you wouldn't really be able to align handhelds, you would be surprised how well non-portable units can be fine tuned by people who have a clue what they're doing ;)

To everyone saying it requires a password. It doesn't. It does however require you to have a google account and the password it is asking for is your google password. Just log into your google account or make one if you don't and you should be able to view the document.

The time, and money, that goes in to elaborate DPSS, is quite high. I'm talking beyond green and blue. It's not just a matter of throwing a couple crystals together, and seeing what happens. You'll have an idea of what will happen. There are certain factors that go into it.

for instance, frequency doubling would be your first concern. If you're dealing with power capable of tripling, I would be cautious of that as well. Beyond that, you really need to TRY to make it happen, thus you know the outcome, and you should be prepared.